blugill 09:31 PM 07-04-2009
A horrible loss.
Its been a sad couple of weeks.
[Reply]
Tarks 09:33 PM 07-04-2009
Geeze. Unbelievable. RIP Mr. McNair.
[Reply]
tedrodgerscpa 09:35 PM 07-04-2009
Just watched the press conference with the Metro Nashville Police spokesperson...

While he was not at liberty to disclose a ton of information, this is what he said.

He was found dead of multiple gunshot wounds, including one to the head. His body was found with a woman, age 20, who was an acquaintance of McNair. She was also shot with a single GSW to the head, and a pistol was found near her body.

The spokesman said that there were no suspects being pursued.

/Opinion

My guess is that this will be classified as a murder/suicide

/end Opinion
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 09:50 PM 07-04-2009
Originally Posted by tedrodgerscpa:

The spokesman said that there were no suspects being pursued.

/Opinion

My guess is that this will be classified as a murder/suicide

/end Opinion
No suspects being pursued really leads me to believe murder suicide.

Now for my opinion/guess.

The other gunshot victim had gotten a DUI on Thursday evening with McNair as a passenger. McNair was allowed to take a cab home (obviously had been drinking as well or he would have been allowed to drive). I'm going to guess the woman blamed McNair for the DUI, and that the DUI, along with what I am sure are other personal issues they were having combined into an argument and she got her revenge. A 20 year old woman doesn't always think rationally (or man for that matter). There is no indication that they were romantically involved (McNair was married), but the car the woman was driving was registered in both her and McNair's name according to the most recent story I read on it. That means there was obviously some relationship, even if it was platonic. I bet she was a mistress though.

Sad regardless of what happened, but I bet Ted is right about it being a murder suicide.
[Reply]
jonharky 10:44 PM 07-04-2009
Wow...and thats all I can say
[Reply]
chippewastud79 12:12 AM 07-05-2009
Rest in Peace Steve. I had the priviledge of sitting in the room when he announced his retirement, this is a sad day for any fan of the game. :-)
[Reply]
smokin machinist 06:56 AM 07-05-2009
RIP Steve McNAir, a talented and giving person that will be missed.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up