Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Nestor Miranda Special Selection lancero
Wanger 01:33 PM 07-02-2009
I was gifted this cigar out in Vegas during E.L.V.I.S. by lostark, and hadn't had a chance to get to it until today.

Feel: Spongy, but not too soft. Seemed to be very well constructed and balanced with a nice little pigtail cap.

After the cut, I took a couple draws, and it was beautiful. Not tight and not loose. Just right. I picked up some flavors that seemed fairly promising in it, but I really can't describe them.

It lit fairly well and easy. The initial flavors I got from it were odd. It had a bit of a soapy taste, and I wasn't sure how it was going to pan out.

The bure was a bit uneven, but I'm sure part of that was due to the wind, as I was smoking at a patio at a restaurant. I gave it a chance and le the cigar develop.

Slowly, but surely, the flavors started to change, and it became more palatable. They turned a bit more woodsy with some spice to it. Not pepper spice, but flavor spice, if that makes sense. I was starting to enjoy it.

At about the halfway point, the flavor changed again. It took on a faint cocoa flavor with some sweetness to it. I also tasted a bit of a tannic flavor, but I felt it added to it a bit.

This flavor held on for most of the rest of the cigar, adn the tannic flavor was a bit heavy at the end, but I smoked it till my fingers were warm.

A good cigar, but not quite great. I would definitely give these another try. Not too bad to have as a change of pace in the rotation, from this one.

Sorry I don't have any pics.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 01:50 PM 07-02-2009
Thanks for the review. I have one of these en route in a Cigar of the Month offering.....
[Reply]
Tuxguy 02:10 PM 07-02-2009
smoked a robusto size about 2 months ago and thought it had a sweet taste to it
[Reply]
Coach Deg 06:39 PM 07-02-2009
Never heard of them and a buddy of mine gave me a 60x6 and the first half inch was not very good, but after that it had great flavor and I have smoked a few more since.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:13 PM 07-02-2009
Nice review Mike!!
[Reply]
troutbreath 12:01 PM 07-03-2009
Nice review! I have 5 of these that I picked up several months ago, and quite honestly forgot about them. I was loading my collection into the "mobile stogie" app, and found these while counting.

Looking forward to firing one up.
[Reply]
joetownhound 12:17 PM 07-03-2009
I have one thanks to Catfish that I may have to visit.:-)
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 06:43 AM 07-05-2009
I thought someone just did the exact review for this cigar.... hmm either way, thanks for the review. I enjoyed this cigar but I enjoyed the robusto size even more!
[Reply]
Wanger 08:34 PM 07-05-2009
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
I thought someone just did the exact review for this cigar.... hmm either way, thanks for the review. I enjoyed this cigar but I enjoyed the robusto size even more!
Doh!!! And I even commented on it. I should have searched before I wrote my review. Oh well.
[Reply]
Mr B 05:46 PM 07-06-2009
I have a 5er on the way. :-)
[Reply]
Up