Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Bucanero Don Douglas - smooth and delicious
TanithT 10:39 PM 07-01-2009
The more Bucaneros I taste, the better I like them. Their absolute cheapest bundled cigars aren't half bad, and are a well constructed solid smoke, though they can be a bit one-dimensional for my taste. Among their pricier ($3.75-$3.99) sticks are some truly outstanding selections, a few of which I would consider a far better, deeper, richer and more complex smoke than much more expensive cigars. The latest one to make that list for me was the Don Douglas.

This is a deep, rich, bold but well balanced-cigar, with that kind of flavor that Fidel Castro would probably approve of. I think that Cuban smokers would enjoy this brand a lot, with its silky-smooth yet powerful notes of coffee and cream, buttered caramel toffee, and a long savory finish with meaty, spicy and herbal notes. I certainly did.

Along with the Bucanero Z, the El Capitan and the Full Sail, the Don Douglas is an impressive value for under $4. If you can find one, grab it quick and you won't be sorry. Two thumbs up from the herfer girl.
[Reply]
Smoke Naked 07:27 AM 07-04-2009
Nice descriptions, thanks for the review:-)
[Reply]
Cigargal 10:22 AM 07-04-2009
My favs of that line are the Salsa and the Cubano. I pay more like $7-8 here in Cali. Great cigars, though. The bundled cigars are nice for the price.
[Reply]
JJG 12:40 PM 07-04-2009
I guess I'm going to have to give these a try. I really enjoy finding good independently, and/or custom made smokes from small companies like Bucanero and Taboo. makes me feel like I'm getting something special. On top of that, you guys have never let me down and I trust everyone's opinions around here.

great review!
[Reply]
Up