Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Savannah GA Charleston SC Cigar Bars
Caymus 07:55 AM 06-30-2009
My wife and I are visiting Savannah and Charleston over an extended July 4th weekend. Does anyone have any recommendations for places to enjoy a cigar ? The CA travel forum lists a place called "Bogart's" in Savannah, but I can't find any solid information on it. In Charleston, CA lists Southend Brewery which might be a good place. Anyone been to these places ? Any other suggestions ? Thanks !! :-)
[Reply]
kydsid 07:58 AM 06-30-2009
Gawd I have been to those places but I tell you that the grain alcohol slushies and ability to walk around the river walk with alcohol has blurred my memory a bit about Savannah. I know there is a shop or two around the river walk, not much though, and I think no smoking in the restaraunts. When the weather is nice the river area is great fun, dunno about July though!

I would recommend doing the downtown river walk in Savannah and go take a peak at the Custom House, it is one of the oldest ones in the country.
[Reply]
jjirons69 08:50 AM 06-30-2009
Try this! This is probably as good as it gets here.

CLICKY
[Reply]
RBOrrell 12:14 PM 06-30-2009
I can vouch for this place http://www.clubhabana.com/index.html Well stocked Tinderbox store on the first floor and the club upstairs.
[Reply]
Col. Kurtz 01:36 PM 06-30-2009
Club Habana is about it for smoking bars. Get there early and grab a seat.

Be sure to check out Llianos dos Palmas on 50 1/2 Wentworth St. when you're there. There's also The Smoking Lamp on the ring road near the seawall. I forget the street name....

Darn, wish I was going to Charleston.....
[Reply]
Caymus 02:39 PM 06-30-2009
Thanks so much !! We're staying at the Renaissance in Charleston and I think that Llanos dos Palmos is right next to the hotel. I've been to that Tinderbox but have not been upstairs to Club Habana....will definitely go there !! Looking forward to having a cigar along the river in Savannah, too.
[Reply]
jjirons69 03:03 PM 06-30-2009
It's only been about 95F the past couple of weeks, with high humidity and heat indexes of 105-108F. Good you're visiting now...it's suppose to get hot later in the summer. :-)
[Reply]
Caymus 08:04 PM 06-30-2009
Even more of a reason to drop into Churchill's for a couple of pints !
[Reply]
awsmith4 08:28 PM 06-30-2009
Originally Posted by Caymus:
Thanks so much !! We're staying at the Renaissance in Charleston and I think that Llanos dos Palmos is right next to the hotel. I've been to that Tinderbox but have not been upstairs to Club Habana....will definitely go there !! Looking forward to having a cigar along the river in Savannah, too.
My brother and I stopped in Llanos dos Palmos and bought a couple of figurados which we enjoyed smoking at Club Habana. I had actually forgotten about that (it was 2 years ago) until y'all mentioned it.
[Reply]
Caymus 09:37 PM 07-06-2009
Thought I'd recap the weekend. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Savannah: Went to Venus de Milo on MLK Blvd at edge of Historic District, owner welcomed my cigar smoking. Really cool place, lots of nooks and crannies to hang out in, great outdoor courtyards, and upstairs had couches and lounge chairs. Very good wine list. Bar was loud and lively, wife and I had upstairs all to ourselves.
Charleston: You guys were right: the HavanaClub upstairs from the Tinderbox is a great place. Was here for over 3 hours. Wife enjoyed "Ladies' Night" martinis and some small cigars (cagaiguan petite corona) and I had wine and smoked 3 cigars. Very cool atmosphere, nice people.
Went to Llanos Dos Palmas (havacigar.com) in morning, watched cigar rollers and picked up a sampler. Cigars look great. Neat place right next to our hotel.
[Reply]
Up