BlackIrish 07:06 AM 06-29-2009
The cigar: Arturo Fuente Chateau Fuente maduro

Nutritional information:
Vitola: 4.5 x 50
Origin: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Dominican Republic
Binder: Dominican Republic
Filler: Dominican Republic

Prelight: Solid, well filled, heavy in the hand. Under the cedar sleeve, well wrapped in a dark leaf, with a sturdy cap that took a slice easily. Aromas of earth and notes of chocolate on the cold draw.

Burn/construction: Lit easily, generated a compact white ash. The burn ran/canoed a bit, requiring several touch ups with my torch. Draw was on the tight side, but the smoke volume was generally good. I ran into a little tunnelling after the first ashing, which I burned through with my torch. The draw opened up a little more after that but still stayed on the tight side.

Flavors: Mild dark tobacco at first, with some sweetness present in the creamy smoke. The flavor profile stayed constant all the way through, with little complexity.

Overall, I was surprised to run into burn issues with a Fuente. It wasn't right off the truck and had rested in my humidor for several months. Maybe I got a bad example.
[Reply]
Volt 07:17 AM 06-29-2009
Hmmm sounds a tad wet, but who knows. The Chateau Fuente is one of the few AF's I really like. Usually I for for the SG, love the rosado wrapper, smoked one yesterday. It was the only one that smoked well. The CC Monte and Hoyo were both plugged beyond help.
[Reply]
BlackIrish 07:23 AM 06-29-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
Hmmm sounds a tad wet, but who knows. The Chateau Fuente is one of the few AF's I really like. Usually I for for the SG, love the rosado wrapper, smoked one yesterday. It was the only one that smoked well. The CC Monte and Hoyo were both plugged beyond help.
Yeah, thinking I got a bad example.

I, too, really like the SG, particularly the cuban belicoso.
[Reply]
trader1974 08:54 AM 06-29-2009
Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
darkninja67 04:06 PM 06-29-2009
Thanks for the review. I love all Chateaus personally, maybe the SG a bit more though.
[Reply]
jwintosh 04:13 PM 06-29-2009
thanks for the review!! one of my all-time go to cigars (along with the 858 maduro!!)!!
[Reply]
The Poet 04:19 PM 06-29-2009
I hate it for you that you had such burn issues - a shorty that both canoes and tunnels sucks big time, and not in a good way. When one is really looking forward to a smoke, having these problems makes it doubly disappointing. Been there.
[Reply]
Up