Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Moving....ughhh
Drat 07:56 PM 06-22-2009
This is mostly a venting thread, but could also serve as a head's up to anybody who might want to retaliate for some of my condom laced bombs.

We put an offer in on a house, but since it's a short sale, it's subject to bank approval. Three weeks and counting and we've heard NOTHING from the bank or the sellers. We're moving our stuff into storage Saturday and will be travelling and staying with family and friends for the summer. It's a planned homelessness, but it's still homeless.

As of now, 55 boxes are filled and we've got about 80% of the house packed. I'm stressed, the wife and kids are stressed, and I'm running low on beer!

Just a vent, thanks for being here my fellow BOTLs!

Please feel free to share your moving horror stories here...
[Reply]
Barteur 08:01 PM 06-22-2009
Hang in there buddy, theres alway a reason for everything, and usually its good stuff coming. The calm after after the storm (this is a direct translation of a french expression) I hope everything will go well for you and your familly.

Frenchie
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:03 PM 06-22-2009
Good luck with the pending house purchase. I have moved many times in the last few years with the next one coming up in 9 days. Good luck with everything.
[Reply]
TideRoll 08:18 PM 06-22-2009
Hey friend, roll with it as best you can. It's gonna be a hassle, no doubt, but realize how much more you will appreciate it when you do finally get settled back into a place of your own. Picture yourself in the back yard, YOUR back yard, on that first evening, grilling some meat and enjoying one of your very best sticks. It's going to be a mouth-watering, incredible, redemptive feeling, a feeling of victory, and it is going to be worth it. Every little pain-in-the-arse moment you work your way through is going to make that steak and that cigar that much sweeter.

Hope this helps!
[Reply]
HK3- 08:22 PM 06-22-2009
Man, I hate moving and I hate helping people move. I feel your pain. Go get more beer and light up a stick or two. :-):-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 08:30 PM 06-22-2009
Your nightmare has just begun. Wait till you get to Jersey! :-) :-)

Hang in there buddy, short sales take forever!
[Reply]
Scottw 08:46 PM 06-22-2009
My family moved 3 times in 4 months after our house burned down and we lost everything we owned (2 years ago ON my 31st birthday).It sucked but it's not worth getting crazy over it. Best of luck as you go through the transition
[Reply]
jonharky 08:48 PM 06-22-2009
Good luck!! thats all I can say Hopefully the bank doesn't sit on it too long
[Reply]
Up