Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Romance on the Range: Bucanero Texas Star
TanithT 04:16 PM 06-22-2009
I met a handsome cowboy out ridin’ the range today. He was tall and slim and well built with an attractive dark maduro tan. He smelled like new Spanish leather, and as he got fired up, he seductively offered me a taste of smooth, cool chocolate. The years had been kind to this mature gentleman, and he carried himself with grace and elegance.

Our encounter got even better just a few minutes in, when he revealed a little cask of whiskey, well aged in fragrant wood. It was a delicious pairing with the chocolate. About halfway through our romantic tryst, he surprised me with some luscious, juicy wild blackberries and currants. A man this considerate definitely deserves another date, so I’m sure that I’ll be seeing more of him soon.

The Texas Star maduro from Bucanero Cigars is an excellent smoke with an attractive mottled wrapper. The draw was cool and firm, with a perfect long ash. The initial flavors were of dark and milk chocolate, with faintly woodsy/earthy notes and a hint of Spanish leather. Less than an inch in, a tasty “aged whiskey cask” note came up front to match the chocolate. This particular flavor note seems to be something of a signature in the Bucanero line, and it is pleasantly reminiscent of much older cigars. About halfway through the smoke, a subtle but delicious undertone of dark wild berries crept in. This stick smoked rich and cool and tasty all the way down. Definitely an enjoyable experience.

Thanks go out to Tom (Garbandz) for this yummy smoke!
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:09 PM 06-22-2009
I have one of these sitting in the humi...great review as always Tanith!!!
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:24 PM 06-22-2009
I would have one but that would be kind of "Brokeback Mountain" esque...:-)
[Reply]
TanithT 11:54 AM 06-23-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
I would have one but that would be kind of "Brokeback Mountain" esque...:-)
That would be totally hot. Can I watch? :-)
[Reply]
Killjoy 05:21 PM 06-26-2009
Great review. I used to smoke alot of Bucaneros back in the day but have never even heard of these. Might have to do some research and see if I can come up with a few.
[Reply]
Starscream 05:23 PM 06-26-2009
I didn't know if this was a review or a love story at first. Great review!:-) I like your style.
[Reply]
Joan 05:25 PM 06-26-2009
YOU GO! :-)

And you can't go wrong with those Bucaneros. :-)
[Reply]
TXRebel 05:43 PM 06-26-2009
Originally Posted by Killjoy:
Great review. I used to smoke alot of Bucaneros back in the day but have never even heard of these. Might have to do some research and see if I can come up with a few.
LINK
[Reply]
nozero 06:48 PM 06-26-2009
Thanks for the nice review!
:-)
[Reply]
alley00p 07:40 PM 06-26-2009
Another great review, Tanith!!! Image

I always look forward to your cigar reviews! :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Up