Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Golf In the Cayman Islands..
kevpierson 08:28 AM 06-22-2009
I'll be in the Cayman Islands next month and have a couple days set aside for golf. Anyone have any course suggestions?
[Reply]
floydpink 09:11 AM 06-23-2009
I played a course at, if I remember correctly, was at the Hyatt Regency called Britannia.

The round was free and I was glad because I was very drunk and it was very windy.

This was 5 years ago, but I also remember the LCdH being not too far away.

Again, I was drunk so please don't hold me to any of my statements in a court of law.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 02:36 PM 06-23-2009
There are only a few courses on the island, Play the Ritz Course if you have plenty of cash... My suggestion is to skip the golf and go hang out at the La Casa Del Habano in Georgetown, its owned by a man named Valerio Cornale who is a world class CC expert and Humidor Collector, he has some AMAZING stuff there. His partner in the store is named Wallace and hanging out there will be a great experience for any CC Collector.

EDIT: Also if you need food suggestions let me know I sell the meat to most of the best restaurants on the Island and know a lot of the local faves too! (if you couldn't tell I LOVE grand cayman, its where I will live when I have a few fortunes!)
[Reply]
DougBushBC 03:04 PM 06-23-2009
Also, i guess I assumed you were talking about GRAND Caymani sure don't know of any golf courses on Cayman Brac or Little Cayman
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 03:24 PM 06-23-2009
Originally Posted by DougBushBC:
Also, i guess I assumed you were talking about GRAND Caymani sure don't know of any golf courses on Cayman Brac or Little Cayman
Now I know who to talk to if I go :-)
[Reply]
ade06 03:32 PM 06-23-2009
Make sure you go to hell (it's the name of an actual town/gift store) and eat some turtles at the turtle farm.
[Reply]
DougBushBC 03:44 PM 06-23-2009
Originally Posted by ade06:
Make sure you go to hell (it's the name of an actual town/gift store) and eat some turtles at the turtle farm.
Hell is a cool place to visit but way out of the way by it self, but it is near the Turtle farm is Westbay, Turtlefarm is AMAZING, but I wouldnt eat the turtle there, get it at any given indian restaurant in Georgetown. I had an amazing Curry Turtle there that will go down in history as the hotest dish I have ever eaten. It was almost like Faal (google it!)
[Reply]
Up