Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>My Little Girl is Leaving The Nest!
Old Sailor 12:34 PM 06-20-2009
Looks like my youngest, Jenn will be moving out around July 1st, her and a co-worker just got a place in Windsor where they work. Only fun part will be moving her stuff up the stairs so she says...oh my aching back:-)
Hummm I now may have a smoking room in the winter??:-):-)
[Reply]
The Poet 12:37 PM 06-20-2009
Good luck to her, and to you with the transition - and the backsprain.
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:55 PM 06-20-2009
Good luck to her and to you...for gaining a smoke room...LOL!! My daughter move out and then back in (she is out again now)...revolving doors!!!
[Reply]
alley00p 01:26 PM 06-20-2009
I hear you, Dave! I've had 3 leave the nest (out of 4)...

One lives in Las Vegas...
One is getting ready to move back in after he lost his job and can't afford apartment rent...
One has moved out and back in, and back out and back in, and back out and is now back again! :-)

I know you and Gail will miss her, but at least Windsor's not that far, so you'll see her occasionally! And SailChaser may be happy, cuz Jenn won't be there to yell at him for not parking properly when he comes to visit you and Gail!! :-)

I'm glad that she was at your herf and I got to meet her... along with your other daughter. You guys have two gracious daughters! :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Waynegro1 03:10 PM 06-20-2009
Good luck, Dave. I'm sure she'll be fine. It's got to be very hard to watch them go out on their own. I can't imagine watching them leave, I've got many years before that happens (Thank God). Take care of your back and enjoy the new room. :-)
[Reply]
GTCanuk 05:23 PM 06-20-2009
What part of Windsor is she moving? From my driving around for work I see a lot of for rent signs. From the Herf she works around Huron Church. Hopefully what she has found is in a nice area
[Reply]
Old Sailor 06:03 PM 06-20-2009
Originally Posted by GTCanuk:
What part of Windsor is she moving? From my driving around for work I see a lot of for rent signs. From the Herf she works around Huron Church. Hopefully what she has found is in a nice area
Won't know till she gets home, but she said it was in a good area.:-)
[Reply]
RHNewfie 04:27 AM 06-21-2009
I can't imagine how tough this would be, speaking from the perspective of the father of an 8yo, I don't let him go to the school bus on his own!! I'd imagine the time is probably right and dear old dad is only a few miles away! Good luck with the move!! Make sure she knows that the bills come EVERY month... Its not a one shot deal :-) boy was that a tough lesson!!
[Reply]
dandaman 04:38 AM 06-21-2009
GOODLUCK to her & you. I could only wish my girls would move out & take da MOTHER w/ them. lol
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 04:40 AM 06-21-2009
Good luck to her and your family. I am sure you are both excited for her future!
[Reply]
icehog3 04:51 PM 06-21-2009
I wish Jenn all the best Dave...she had great parents, so I am sure she will do great! :-)
[Reply]
DPD6030 04:59 PM 06-21-2009
A new smoking room, I bet you'll help her move as many boxes as possible Dave! :-) Good luck to Jenn and your family for the transition.
[Reply]
Old Sailor 05:33 PM 06-21-2009
Originally Posted by dandaman:
GOODLUCK to her & you. I could only wish my girls would move out & take da MOTHER w/ them. lol
:-):-):-)

Moving big stuff July 1st, they got a dang good deal also and in a good part of city ta boot!
[Reply]
Starscream 05:39 PM 06-21-2009
Best wishes to all.
[Reply]
Sailchaser 05:48 PM 06-21-2009
Dave,
All my best to Jenn and her roomie
Sounds like a new Blacks Ops Control Room
[Reply]
Old Sailor 05:49 PM 06-21-2009
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
kiwi michelle 10:46 PM 06-21-2009
Awww Dave - Ya babies are growing up. Don't think for a minute that she won't still be asking for a loan. Looks like that smoking room might be the silver lining!!
[Reply]
Up