Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Cello, Off or on?
jaycarla 11:15 AM 06-18-2009
Cello is left on, prefer naturals, like CC and NC equally, I leave the band on, I buy mostly online, prefer the punch but like the "V" also, beads, 65%, ronson, and coronas.

There, I am good for the year. :-)

Whenever I see a chance to be a smart ass, it is ususally very hard for me to let the opportunity pass me by.

I do agree though, without encore performances this place would get (in my best Elmer Fudd voice) vewy, vewy quiet.
[Reply]
av8tor152d 11:20 AM 06-18-2009
I found taking it off and feeding it to my cat is a fun process.
[Reply]
ucla695 04:40 PM 06-18-2009
I store them the way I get them unless they're Anejos. Then all of the clothes come off so I can monitor them for mold.
[Reply]
The Poet 04:43 PM 06-18-2009
Wait - you mean the cello comes off? Dang!
[Reply]
Biglizard1 05:08 PM 06-18-2009
I always appreciate this topic thread because everyone has diferent reasons they leave em on or off. When people offer why they do what they do there is validity in the answer not just i do this this way... Dont forget the other point about a thread, if you dont like what is about you dont have to respond or even read it!
[Reply]
Starscream 05:10 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
Sorry for forgetting to search before posting. I guess I knew the "we've heard this question a million times" guys would come out in droves to point out my error! :-)
Don't worry about it, brother. You are not the only one to have asked this quesiton over the years.:-)
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Exactly....this is just the question that the FOGs joke about, I am suprised they didn't rib you even more....but the Search Nazis seem to be a little less "prevalent" here than at the last place we called home. :-)
The Search Button is your friend, Admiral! :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 05:18 PM 06-18-2009
I have heard that the cello from a B&M is better quality than that which is ordered over the internet.:-)
[Reply]
darkninja67 06:39 PM 06-18-2009
I am kind of odd. If they are in the box being stored I keep them as is, but if I put them in the singles drawer I usually take them off. No idea why but I do.
[Reply]
Cigary 06:54 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by skullnrose:
Usually I leave them how they come except Anejo's I remove them from the cello.
Ditto this but especially when wrapped in cedar sleeves,,,dont that those puppies to mold.
[Reply]
Waynegro1 06:55 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
I have heard that the cello from a B&M is better quality than that which is ordered over the internet.:-)
Oh no!! :-)
[Reply]
TXRebel 07:15 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Thanks bobarian, I am now cleaning Iced Tea off my keyboard and monitor.

:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
ca21455 08:27 PM 06-19-2009
I have come to the conclusion you should leave them on, however before storing poke them with a fork like a potato.
[Reply]
scoot 08:40 PM 06-19-2009
I leave them in the cello so I can just put them in my pocket when I go out.
[Reply]
groogs 08:50 PM 06-19-2009
Leave them how I get them.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 09:13 PM 06-19-2009
Women: clothes on or off

:-)
[Reply]
greenwit 09:58 PM 06-19-2009
Originally Posted by Wolfgang:
Women: clothes on or off

Ha! I was just about to write that when I first started my collection I used to take 'em off 'cause I thought they looked better naked. Now I just chuck 'em with the cello on with all the rest. Might take one or two off if it's a stick I haven't had before just to take a closer look. Also if I think the sticks are too green, I'll take 'em off so they'll mature faster.
[Reply]
shilala 10:28 PM 06-19-2009
If I'm gonna smoke them shortly after storing them, I take the cello off. If I plan to smoke them a longway down the road, I leave it on.
I like my smokes fresher than most, just out of their sick period.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 07:12 AM 06-20-2009
I like to cut off half of the cello with a razor blade so that they are half on and half off :-)
[Reply]
The Professor 08:12 AM 06-20-2009
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
I like to cut off half of the cello with a razor blade so that they are half on and half off :-)
Come on, Dustin ... use the thread search. :-)

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpo...16&postcount=5

:-) :-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 08:23 AM 06-20-2009
HEY! He cuts his in half "length-wise". I don't do that? What kind of bloody savage would do that?????

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up