Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>"Just in from the storm" and other sayings
Flat4boxer 07:17 PM 06-17-2009
................like "Still watching my back" and "Have my own room"

I see lots of members with these under their names but what is the story behind them?
[Reply]
tobii3 07:18 PM 06-17-2009
Do you REALLY need to know??
[Reply]
troutbreath 07:30 PM 06-17-2009
I would tell you . . . but I have no idea.

Where in NC?
[Reply]
awsmith4 07:31 PM 06-17-2009
They are the automatic custom user titles (CUTs) that are changed as post count reaches certain milestones. "Just in from the storm" are the least post count meaning one has just arrived. Most of the others pertain to being committed to the insane asylum i.e. "Have my own room"
[Reply]
bigloo 07:33 PM 06-17-2009
Tobii, be nice. :-)

Boxer, once upon a time there was a mystical place where gorillas roamed free. Then an evil warlord bought the mystical place and turned it into disneyland, but only worse, much worse. The gorillas were forced to leave arrived here but still feel the need to watch their backs.

Anyway, I think your saying has a speling mistake, speling only has one "l".
[Reply]
Flat4boxer 07:35 PM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by troutbreath:
I would tell you . . . but I have no idea.

Where in NC?
Oxford. Where's the "Dash"?
[Reply]
Flat4boxer 07:37 PM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
They are the automatic custom user titles (CUTs) that are changed as post count reaches certain milestones. "Just in from the storm" are the least post count meaning one has just arrived. Most of the others pertain to being committed to the insane asylum i.e. "Have my own room"
Thanks, that makes things a bit more clear. :-)

Originally Posted by bigloo:

Boxer, once upon a time there was a mystical place where gorillas roamed free. Then an evil warlord bought the mystical place and turned it into disneyland, but only worse, much worse. The gorillas were forced to leave arrived here but still feel the need to watch their backs.

That makes cents also. Thanks for klearing that up for me.
[Reply]
troutbreath 07:45 PM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by Flat4boxer:
Oxford. Where's the "Dash"?
Winston-Salem

Winston "dash" Salem -- it's actually the name of the baseball team here now, but that is a bit of a sore subject at the moment. Team ownership is not too good.
[Reply]
sikk50 07:55 PM 06-17-2009
Originally Posted by bigloo:

Right on the head.

For further reading consult this page

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16990

Little more info
[Reply]
dandaman 07:55 PM 06-17-2009
death is da ultimate trip, that's why God save's it for last. D. Nocca
[Reply]
Flat4boxer 03:12 AM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by troutbreath:
Winston-Salem

Winston "dash" Salem -- it's actually the name of the baseball team here now, but that is a bit of a sore subject at the moment. Team ownership is not too good.
Where are the good B&M's in W-S? I'm out there frequently on business and like to stop into new places when I get a chance.
[Reply]
troutbreath 04:58 AM 06-18-2009
We don't have much, unfortunately. There is a new Tinderbox at Hanes Mall (just inside the "Food Court" entrance from the Hanes Mall Blvd side). Really nice guy (Bobby) runs the place, and he actually gets some good stuff in on occasion. If I want Fuente's beyond just Curly Heads, I hit his store. He charges too much, so he's not my "go-to" B&M. He loves it when I show up, though! No smoking lounge at the store.

There is a store on Robinhood Road called Robinhood Tobacco. All the General and Altadis brands, but not a lot else, unfortunately.

I usually do my shopping in TN, believe it or not. I go to a place in Knoxville while traveling on business, and stock up on the day I am coming home. Taxes are about the same as NC, but the selection at Leaf & Ale is OUTSTANDING.

If yo go to Greensboro, check out the Pipe & Pint on Spring Garden. Nice folks.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:39 PM 06-18-2009
What, Mike, you don't bop over to Statesville and visit JRs? Can't you read those billboards on The Mighty I-40, or ain't they big enuf for ya?
[Reply]
Chemyst 08:03 PM 06-18-2009
You can custom make your own 'saying'.

I changed mine from "Just in from the storm" to
"Ridin' the wind", which is a reference to a nice
tee shot, which I had that day.

Chemyst :-)
[Reply]
Up