Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>El Triunfador Lanceros
Chris. 01:07 PM 06-17-2009
This was my first El Triunfador. I bought two from the devil site about a month ago.

Drink: Red wine at room temp
Cigar: roughly 7.5x36rg
Wrapper is dark and toothy with a light sheen. Has a nice triple cap with a little pigtail on it. It was nice and firm with nearly zero flaws in the roll.

It lit easily. It had some interesting flavors with pepper initially. Possibly resembling a full bodied coffee and leather. It produced a good amount of smoke with a nice, white ash. Had a good draw, which I thought would be tighter because of the pre-light draw. It kept a very even burn, which I would expect from a lancero. the dominant flavors that I could pinpoint were leather and dirt. I'm not too fond of these flavors, as they tend to be pretty bland to me. the ash fell on my lap after about 1.25". I was about to walk over and ash it. Oh well. More reason to sit and enjoy.

I didn't notice any particular change in flavors up to the last 3" other than a little more pepper and leather. Overall, this cigar was not my forte, but I have a second one that will sit in the humidor for a long time before I smoke it. hopefully it will improve with some time. I know some of you guys enjoy these. I'm not calling it a bad cigar by any means, it's just not the flavors that I enjoy.

Chris.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 01:13 PM 06-17-2009
Great review Chris, I enjoy them:-)
[Reply]
tuxpuff 01:19 PM 06-17-2009
Thanks for yet another great review! Good looking stick there!
[Reply]
DougBushBC 01:36 PM 06-17-2009
I also really enjoy this stick, i reviewed it recently and found it to be a good smoke and a fair price.
[Reply]
Wanger 08:42 AM 06-19-2009
I really like these and feel that they have a nice rich flavor that I prefer in my smokes.
[Reply]
Trace63 09:56 AM 06-19-2009
This is in my top 5 to-try list
[Reply]
Chris. 10:16 AM 06-19-2009
I'm sure my second one will be better, given a few more months.
[Reply]
Up