Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Sports>Donte Stallworth gets 30 days in jail for killing!
shilala 10:28 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by Bruzee:
Yeah, I see that point too. But, house arrest? Come on man. I cannot agree with the civil payment being a part of it. Because I cannot afford to pay millions to avoid jail. Is that fair? If I kill someone while driving drunk, I can't pay the family, and you can bet your ass I'll be sitting in a prison cell for more than 24 days.
I did read that one of the penalties is that he NEVER gets to drive again.
2 years house arrest, and I think probation was 7 years.
I have no idea what kind of money he shelled out, but there is merit to calling the police and standing against the charges.
He's clearly remorseful, as well.
So far as Goodell's actions, it's all about the money. Stallworth plays, the league takes flack and loses money. I wonder if he's called the family and expressed his heartfelt remorse. I sure wouldn't bank on it.
[Reply]
skullnrose 10:29 PM 06-18-2009
For what it's worth what M Vick did was a federal offense in his case he was not just dealing with a state court. I'm glad the NFL took a stand on Stallworth I just hope they make it stick.
[Reply]
Bruzee 10:40 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
I did read that one of the penalties is that he NEVER gets to drive again.
2 years house arrest, and I think probation was 7 years.
I have no idea what kind of money he shelled out, but there is merit to calling the police and standing against the charges.
He's clearly remorseful, as well.
So far as Goodell's actions, it's all about the money. Stallworth plays, the league takes flack and loses money. I wonder if he's called the family and expressed his heartfelt remorse. I sure wouldn't bank on it.
He can have a restricted driver's license after 5 years guys. House arrest is a joke, considering he can leave for work and such. Merit for calling police and cooperating? Yes and he shall be rewarded for that by not being charged with addition crimes. Like hit and run, or obstructing justice, or failure to report an accident. I'm sorry I don't have more compassion for his cooperation. I guess its my "cop" attitude.
[Reply]
kgoings 10:41 PM 06-18-2009
Oh yea I almost forgot, in Arizona during the act of a misdemeanor if some dies due to the act, it is a felony. The officer in question should have done time
[Reply]
Bruzee 10:44 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by kgoings:
Oh yea I almost forgot, in Arizona during the act of a misdemeanor if some dies due to the act, it is a felony. The officer in question should have done time
Are you talking about the trooper that ran the stop sign without lights and siren? That would be an infraction, at best. And if you still believe he should have done time, even after reading all the arguements against it, then we will have to agree to disagree. :-)
[Reply]
kgoings 10:49 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by Bruzee:
Are you talking about the trooper that ran the stop sign without lights and siren? That would be an infraction, at best. And if you still believe he should have done time, even after reading all the arguements against it, then we will have to agree to disagree. :-)
He was going 70 in a 35, pursuing someone speeding. That is reckless, that fast in a residential area, (assumption considering the speed limit and stop sigh) he should have had his lights on....to catch some speeding is not that important to put other civilians in more harms way by being reckless in the pursuit.

I am done. We can agree to disagree.
[Reply]
Bruzee 11:01 PM 06-18-2009
Originally Posted by kgoings:
He was going 70 in a 35, pursuing someone speeding. That is reckless, that fast in a residential area, (assumption considering the speed limit and stop sigh) he should have had his lights on....to catch some speeding is not that important to put other civilians in more harms way by being reckless in the pursuit.

I am done. We can agree to disagree.
I have never said that it wasn't smart. I would agree that it was a stupid decision to pursue the speeder at that speed and without proper emergency equipment. I don't know all the facts of the case, and I am sure you do not either, but you cannot say that he wasn't doing something important. A jury of 12, whom had ALL the facts, agreed that he should not be criminally responsible for what happened. Neither of us can argue with that fact. I have trouble with people, whom have never put on a badge, assume they know how hard the job is or isn't. No other profession, minus the president, takes as much criticizm or second guessing than law enforcement. I could argue till I'm blue in the face about the importance of traffic enforcement and what other serious crimes it uncovers and leads to, but this is not the time for that.

***Notice. This is not a thread about the peace officers! But about a drunk driver killing a man, and pleading to 30 days in jail.***
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up