Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Are the NC Dunhills worth smoking?
e-man67 09:48 AM 06-12-2009
So I know that the cuban Dunhill's are terrific (at least I've heard) but are the NCs any good?
[Reply]
poker 09:51 AM 06-12-2009
I think they are good in their own right, but the NC Dunhill's are nothing even remotely close to their older Cuban brethren.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 09:53 AM 06-12-2009
Mild, creamy and expensive. Good but not great. You are paying for the name, really.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 10:02 AM 06-12-2009
Expensive for sure, but isn't worth trying at least one? Then you'll know.:-)
[Reply]
ActionAndy 10:13 AM 06-12-2009
I like the Aged range quite a bit. Smooth, mellow, refined. The Signed range is fuller and more peppery--I'd like it more if it was a bit cheaper. If I'm spending the money, I'll get the Aged range.
[Reply]
Clampdown 10:23 AM 06-12-2009
Where is the overpriced throw up smiley?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:24 AM 06-12-2009
Originally Posted by Clampdown:
Where is the overpriced throw up smiley?
This is the best I can do. :-)

[Reply]
alley00p 10:40 AM 06-12-2009
I was fortunate to smoke a Dunhill Signed Range Churchill last night... :-)

Paired with a dram of Glenlivet 18 yo single malt, the marriage of smoke and scotch flavors resulted in tastes that were outstanding. The DSR uses Cameroon leaf as a binder, which gave the cigar a different, almost sweet tasting creamy smoke at times. :-)

The DSRs are pricey - $21 for a Churchill, ranging down to $11 for a Petit Corona - but I'll be trying different sizes of this cigar in the future because I personally enjoyed that first one very much. :-)

I have never smoked a Dunhill CC, and doubt that it will happen in the near future, so I'll have to try out the NC DSR's every so often.

:-)
[Reply]
ActionAndy 10:43 AM 06-12-2009
Originally Posted by alley00p:
I was fortunate to smoke a Dunhill Signed Range Churchill last night... :-)

Paired with a dram of Glenlivet 18 yo single malt, the marriage of smoke and scotch flavors resulted in tastes that were outstanding. The DSR uses Cameroon leaf as a binder, which gave the cigar a different, almost sweet tasting creamy smoke at times. :-)

The DSRs are pricey - $21 for a Churchill, ranging down to $11 for a Petit Corona - but I'll be trying different sizes of this cigar in the future because I personally enjoyed that first one very much. :-)

I have never smoked a Dunhill CC, and doubt that it will happen in the near future, so I'll have to try out the NC DSR's every so often.

:-)
I went to a Dunhill tasting a few weeks ago. The grand prize for the raffle was a 6 cigar sampler of the signed range in a magnetic locking box with a steel punch cutter. Guess who won? :-)
[Reply]
The Poet 02:23 PM 06-12-2009
JMHO, but they're too mild for me. And for the price of one I could get two VSGs.

I won't, but I could.
[Reply]
Up