Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Joe Cigar Ditches "Banter Back"
Drazzil 11:28 AM 06-03-2009
Joe Cigar finally ditched the "Banter Back" function, the deal allowing us the public to comment on the deals they posted. Surprisingly the chat was not moderated and the comments were mostly respectful. The people there did seem to have trouble with the frequency of Gurkha "deals", and asked for Padron more often then I would have figured but other then that, it was well controlled and respectful.

What it did affect however was the sales on items that were less then spectular, this becoming very noticable during the jambalaya days.

I enjoyed the banter function and I mourn it's loss. I think that if they offered better deals and less outright garbage trying to sell it like the second coming, I'd be appreciative.

The more I deal with CI the less I want to buy from them.
[Reply]
mcmoyer 11:32 AM 06-03-2009
It's all my fault...I just signed up for the "banter back" today.

:-)
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 11:50 AM 06-03-2009
Originally Posted by Drazzil:
Joe Cigar finally ditched the "Banter Back" function, the deal allowing us the public to comment on the deals they posted. Surprisingly the chat was not moderated and the comments were mostly respectful. The people there did seem to have trouble with the frequency of Gurkha "deals", and asked for Padron more often then I would have figured but other then that, it was well controlled and respectful.

What it did affect however was the sales on items that were less then spectular, this becoming very noticable during the jambalaya days.

I enjoyed the banter function and I mourn it's loss. I think that if they offered better deals and less outright garbage trying to sell it like the second coming, I'd be appreciative.

And wouldn't you know it, they're running a Gurkha jam-killer right now...
[Reply]
Smoke Naked 07:06 PM 06-03-2009
And another right now, Gurkha Grand Envoy Toro
[Reply]
ashmaster 07:39 PM 06-03-2009
I wondered how long it was going to last.
[Reply]
Jack Straw 08:01 PM 06-03-2009
Originally Posted by Drazzil:
If I were one of their copywriters, I do not know how I could live with myself. For example, read the description of Man'o'War in the latest catalog, it is absolutely ridiculous.
[Reply]
icantbejon 08:15 PM 06-03-2009
Originally Posted by Jack Straw:
If I were one of their copywriters, I do not know how I could live with myself. For example, read the description of Man'o'War in the latest catalog, it is absolutely ridiculous.
I don't mind the MOW. It's by no means my favorite stick, but occasionally I'll light one up and enjoy.
[Reply]
Jack Straw 09:14 PM 06-03-2009
Originally Posted by icantbejon:
I don't mind the MOW. It's by no means my favorite stick, but occasionally I'll light one up and enjoy.
Oh, that's not what I meant (actually have one sitting that I haven't smoked yet) - just an example of the ridiculous descriptions they give the cigars, whether or not they are actually good.
[Reply]
Drazzil 11:02 AM 06-04-2009
Yup
[Reply]
Drazzil 02:06 PM 06-05-2009
Joe Cigar's banter back is back, whether or not it's suspended for a period of the Jambalaya or for some other reason, it has now returned. My bad, I guess.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 02:53 PM 06-06-2009
I for one, will rest better tonight knowing it's back...
[Reply]
Up