Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Jokes>we carnt stop here this is bat country
adampc22 10:09 AM 06-02-2009
[Reply]
akakirby 10:10 AM 06-02-2009
very funny, haven't watched in a while may have to watch one night this week.
[Reply]
markem 10:11 AM 06-02-2009
lol!

We have a bat living up in a corner of the eaves above the end of the brickwork. The vets says not to worry, but we haven't seen the usual cats around the fish pond in a while ... :-) :-)
[Reply]
adampc22 10:11 AM 06-02-2009
he looks so like the bloke in the movie with his hat and cig with filter lol its unreal
[Reply]
adampc22 11:14 AM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by markem:
lol!

We have a bat living up in a corner of the eaves above the end of the brickwork. The vets says not to worry, but we haven't seen the usual cats around the fish pond in a while ... :-) :-)
cats hate bats fact
[Reply]
ActionAndy 11:37 AM 06-02-2009
I have about 17-20 bats living in the attic of my current apartment. This makes it sound kind of gloomy/haunted/trashy (all at once) but I assure you, it is actually a very nice apartment. I'll be sitting out on the deck at dusk with a cigar, and all the sudden they just pop out. It looks like bombers leaving a hangar, one after the other, swooping right down over my head. I think bats are pretty cool, so I haven't called anyone about it....Should I?
[Reply]
adampc22 11:55 AM 06-02-2009
it may be ilegal to move the bats if thay are in the protected list most bats are
[Reply]
awsmith4 11:57 AM 06-02-2009
:-):-)

Man I love that movie
[Reply]
Silound 01:32 AM 06-04-2009
Originally Posted by ActionAndy:
I have about 17-20 bats living in the attic of my current apartment. This makes it sound kind of gloomy/haunted/trashy (all at once) but I assure you, it is actually a very nice apartment. I'll be sitting out on the deck at dusk with a cigar, and all the sudden they just pop out. It looks like bombers leaving a hangar, one after the other, swooping right down over my head. I think bats are pretty cool, so I haven't called anyone about it....Should I?
The local Dept. of Wildlife & Fisheries will best advise you on that situation.

For truth, except for the guano, which can have a somewhat detrimental effect due to it's weight, acidity, and stench, bats are a great thing to have around. You would notice the difference around your apartment at night in terms of flying insects if the bats weren't there.

The guano, however, can build up and cause structural damage as well as stink to high heaven. If the DoW&F can't or won't move the bats, you may well be stuck with a situation where annual guano shoveling contests are in order :-)
[Reply]
Up