Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
All Cigar Discussion>My first humi & batch of cigars (Pics)
SmokinApe 04:48 PM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by landhoney:
In cello? :-)
:-)

Nice humi tho...
[Reply]
stearns 04:51 PM 06-02-2009
my thoughts exactly :-):-)

nice setup though

stearns
[Reply]
DMK 06:10 PM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by MooseHead:
Will do, have been in contact with DMK who is generous enough to take me under his wing for my first NST.
:-):-):-) Silly newbie..... now I get first dibs on filling that thing....

*note* you may want to buy yourself a cooler....:-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 06:14 PM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by DMK:
Silly newbie..... now I get first dibs on filling that thing....

*note* you may want to buy yourself a cooler....
:-):-):-)

Poor guy!!!:-)
[Reply]
dandaman 06:28 PM 06-02-2009
nice start Cris. njoy
[Reply]
MooseHead 07:06 PM 06-02-2009
Originally Posted by SmokinApe:
:-)
Nice humi tho...
Originally Posted by stearns:
my thoughts exactly :-):-)
nice setup though
stearns
Lol yes. Stearns and I pretty much figured that out on the chat when I told him it was a 10 pack. Oh well, to be honest I don't mind them at all and they didn't cost much either. And hey, their what got me hooked on cigars, so if I enjoyed the fakes that much.. I'm in for a treat when I start smoking the good stuff!:-)

MH
[Reply]
SmoknTaz 08:17 PM 06-02-2009
Welcome to the slope Christopher! Empty humidor, tsk, tsk. Are you in trouble now!
[Reply]
landhoney 03:25 PM 06-04-2009
Lol yes. Stearns and I pretty much figured that out on the chat when I told him it was a 10 pack. Oh well, to be honest I don't mind them at all and they didn't cost much either. And hey, their what got me hooked on cigars, so if I enjoyed the fakes that much.. I'm in for a treat when I start smoking the good stuff!:-)

MH
I like that attitude. :-) PM me your addy, and I'll send you some of the good stuff.
[Reply]
MooseHead 03:42 PM 06-04-2009
Hey everyone, just thought I'd let you guys know how my newbie adventures are going. So far I've tried the Padilla Series 68' and a CAO Black.

Padilla Series 68'

Really enjoyed it all the way down to the nub. Great construction, band came off easy in the last third and the draw was perfect. I also found it tasted great although nothing overly stood out. Might take a while to develop my palette before that happens though. All in all, a great cigar in my opinion.

CAO Black
Oh my lord.. this thing kicked my A$$! Will diffinitely wait a while before I try another one of these. Was feeling pretty cocky last night after a big spaghetti dinner and thought I could handle it:-). I deffinitely under estimated the strength of a full bodied cigar. I had a headbuzz within 10 minutes of lighting and could only smoke 2/3 of the cigar.

On a plus note, I really got to experience that peppery taste and also learnt that I enjoy cigars that are mild/medium in strength.:-)

Cheers,
Chris
[Reply]
GWN 09:52 PM 06-10-2009
Hey everyone, just thought I'd let you guys know how my newbie adventures are going. So far I've tried the Padilla Series 68' and a CAO Black.

Padilla Series 68'

Really enjoyed it all the way down to the nub. Great construction, band came off easy in the last third and the draw was perfect. I also found it tasted great although nothing overly stood out. Might take a while to develop my palette before that happens though. All in all, a great cigar in my opinion.

CAO Black
Oh my lord.. this thing kicked my A$$! Will diffinitely wait a while before I try another one of these. Was feeling pretty cocky last night after a big spaghetti dinner and thought I could handle it:-). I deffinitely under estimated the strength of a full bodied cigar. I had a headbuzz within 10 minutes of lighting and could only smoke 2/3 of the cigar.

On a plus note, I really got to experience that peppery taste and also learnt that I enjoy cigars that are mild/medium in strength.:-)

Cheers,
Chris
But now your new humi is a little emptier, right?
[Reply]
SilverFox 10:05 PM 06-10-2009
I like that attitude. :-) PM me your addy, and I'll send you some of the good stuff.
:-):-)

Yup send it too me too, and we will see if I can't find a Cohiba or two that you might like. You might as well send me your addy yourself it is less painless that way :-)
[Reply]
MooseHead 11:03 AM 06-15-2009
Originally Posted by GWN:
But now your new humi is a little emptier, right?
Pfft no! There are people out there who are trying to kill me! I keep getting bombed! :-)

Originally Posted by SilverFox:
:-):-)

Yup send it too me too, and we will see if I can't find a Cohiba or two that you might like. You might as well send me your addy yourself it is less painless that way :-)
I live in Canada! Igloos don't have addresses over here!:-)

I've got some more pics i'll have to post up soon. Been really busy but they'll be up shortly!

Cheers,

MH
[Reply]
blooz4u 11:11 AM 06-15-2009
Congrats on the humi.... You'll need a bigger one!
[Reply]
Azpostal 12:18 PM 06-15-2009
Nice humi.
[Reply]
jbo57 12:27 PM 06-15-2009
Very nice humidor...looks like you've got a great start...however, it is not wise to show these guys a picture of a half empty humidor...they accept that as a personal challenge. :-)
[Reply]
MooseHead 11:00 PM 06-15-2009
Originally Posted by jbo57:
Very nice humidor...looks like you've got a great start...however, it is not wise to show these guys a picture of a half empty humidor...they accept that as a personal challenge. :-)

Lol no kidding, I have deffinitely been learning my lesson over the past week or so.:-)

Thanks for the kind words:-).

MH
[Reply]
dandaman 03:59 AM 06-16-2009
NICE, start shopping for another box.
[Reply]
RHNewfie 02:52 PM 06-24-2009
Here Moosie Moosie Moosie!!
[Reply]
BUCASmoker 04:36 PM 06-24-2009
I just ordered the same humidor... also from the imperfects. I ended up getting a digital hygro though, as well as a crystal humidifcation pack.

Hope I get it soon!
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up