Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Graduation Gift
ahc4353 11:04 AM 05-26-2009
Looking for some ideas of a HS graduation gift for my son.

No cars. :-)

Looking for something different than a watch and I can't spend a much.

Thanks in advance.
[Reply]
rrplasencia 11:10 AM 05-26-2009
hunting rifle
coolidor
engraved knife
[Reply]
s15driftking 11:13 AM 05-26-2009
1. books about business, investing, and such... i thought those were the last things i wanted but i read them once i finally got interested in that sort of thing.

2. a nice hand turned pen (or two) like the ones some people sell on here... or some other fancy pen set, etc.

3. a watch, i know you said you dont want to, but its actually a great idea, buy him one that he'll have for the next decade.

what's he into? i graduated highschool 8 years ago and i remember that i liked the money the most... but thats not good when its your immediate family. maybe a ticket for a trip somewhere? maybe a "made up gift certificate" for a hotel room for 5 nights when spring break rolls around (then again, i dont know if he lieks to party).

tell me what he's into and what kind of person he is, i will find the right gift!
[Reply]
GreekGodX 11:16 AM 05-26-2009
The best gifts I got when I graduated HS were.
1. Laptop
2. Trip to Greece (I have family there so it made it really easy)
3. Quality luggage
4. Quality Monogram Pen
5. If all else fails money
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:18 AM 05-26-2009
I second the hunting rifle.
I also like the custom turned pen set that Bobby mentioned.

How about cash :-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 11:20 AM 05-26-2009
He's into:

Ice Hockey, likes to spend time at the beach when not in the rink, movies, pals around with his brothers and music.

Thanks!
[Reply]
s15driftking 11:25 AM 05-26-2009
does he have a laptop? greekgod's got a point
[Reply]
rennD 11:39 AM 05-26-2009
1. iPoooood
2. iPhone
3. Laptop
4. Boogie Board

Can we get an idea of budget please? That will help answer :-)
[Reply]
ade06 11:53 AM 05-26-2009
I recieved a Dictionary from a family friend for my gratuation and at the time I thought that the gift sucked, but it came in very handy during college. So in addition to the fun gift (money, iPod, rifle, vactation, etc.) a good Dictionary is very useful.
[Reply]
s15driftking 12:13 PM 05-26-2009
Originally Posted by ade06:
I recieved a Dictionary from a family friend for my gratuation and at the time I thought that the gift sucked, but it came in very handy during college. So in addition to the fun gift (money, iPod, rifle, vactation, etc.) a good Dictionary is very useful.
he's right, all those "man this is lame (at this point in time)" gifts will eventually be beneficial and appreciated.
[Reply]
Darrell 12:34 PM 05-26-2009
A hooker? :-)
[Reply]
rrplasencia 12:35 PM 05-26-2009
Dont laugh, uscavalry.com is a great site and i've looked into getting these myself

250pc Field Medic Bag
http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.asp...bID=1&CatID=60
you could be playing hockey at the beach with your friends and get an eye full of puck and sand. what do you do? break out your field medic bag :-)

Newcon Optik Stargate M Night Vision Scope
http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.asp...ID=1&CatID=525
you can scope out the babes at the beach at night

Leatherman Multi Tool EOD version
http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.asp...2&TabID=1&cs=1
good for anything, you can even get them engraved

seriously it's a pretty cool website with tons of good gift ideas, and i'm really looking into the medic bag for myself.
[Reply]
kayaker 12:37 PM 05-26-2009
Bottle of Scotch?:-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 12:39 PM 05-26-2009
Originally Posted by rrplasencia:
hunting rifle
coolidor
engraved knife

Engraved knife, :-) now that you bring that up he does like knives. Doesn't really own a nice one. :-)
[Reply]
JE3146 12:43 PM 05-26-2009
Plan a fishing trip.... Just the two of you. Looking back. I would have enjoyed that more than any gift. So busy now. I really miss those trips with him.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
JaKaacH 12:44 PM 05-26-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
He's into:

Ice Hockey, likes to spend time at the beach when not in the rink, movies, pals around with his brothers and music.

Thanks!
A New Jersey Devils cap and sweater/jersey..:-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 12:45 PM 05-26-2009
Originally Posted by JaKaacH:
A New Jersey Devils cap and sweater/jersey..:-)
Al smacks Jeff with a dead tuna, right in the kisser for that one. :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 12:48 PM 05-26-2009
Originally Posted by JE3146:
Plan a fishing trip.... Just the two of you. Looking back. I would have enjoyed that more than any gift. So busy now. I really miss those trips with him.
Posted via Mobile Device
This was my idea too. Some sort of long weekend doing something you both enjoy before he heads off to college.
[Reply]
Up