Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Top 10 skills to master your grill.
nozero 08:01 AM 05-23-2009
Found at http://lifehacker.com/5264724/top-10...ter-your-grill. Some pretty good ideas here IMO.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:22 AM 05-23-2009
Good stuff there. I plan on grilling a lot this summer!
[Reply]
tenbaseg 08:25 AM 05-23-2009
Cool article. I like the technique on checking the meat temps. That's really easy to remember.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:30 AM 05-23-2009
I do need to learn to make my own marinades...would save money and probably taste better.
[Reply]
Cigary 09:50 AM 05-23-2009
Great post,,,didn't know you could chill beverages that quick but it does make sense since I make alot of home made ice cream,,,rock salt in a container of ice and spin,,,genius.
[Reply]
markem 09:56 AM 05-23-2009
:-) :-)

good tips for beginners, I suppose. I find that using Dawn dish soap makes quick work of any crud on my grill. Not sure I want to make the house incredibly hot by running the self-cleaning oven. A nice digital thermometer with a remote is a necessity since it will tell you how fast the meat is cooking, which I find to be important when I need to decide if I have time for another smoke.

It left off the important topic of dry rubs, which I think is way more important than bbq sauce for grilling. I don't make my own rubs since a local grocery makes several that are very tasty.

back to tedning the brisket on my Traeger grill :-)
[Reply]
SilverFox 10:21 AM 05-23-2009
Originally Posted by markem:
:-) :-)

good tips for beginners, I suppose. I find that using Dawn dish soap makes quick work of any crud on my grill. Not sure I want to make the house incredibly hot by running the self-cleaning oven. A nice digital thermometer with a remote is a necessity since it will tell you how fast the meat is cooking, which I find to be important when I need to decide if I have time for another smoke.

It left off the important topic of dry rubs,
which I think is way more important than bbq sauce for grilling. I don't make my own rubs since a local grocery makes several that are very tasty.

back to tedning the brisket on my Traeger grill :-)
Didn't even read the article but if it left of rubs it is leaving out one of the most critical things for grilling. I do all my own rubs, mostly because I love it. If you want a great twist on beer can chicken look up the recipe for emerils Essence and use a tablespoon in the bird, a tablespoon in the can and a tablespoon rubbed on the bird itself.........mmmmm mmmmmm tasty.

Ok sorry for the threadjack

Today its salt and pepper ribs on the Napolean (maybe a little hickory or apple smoke)
[Reply]
lightning9191 11:10 AM 05-23-2009
Originally Posted by tenbaseg:
Cool article. I like the technique on checking the meat temps. That's really easy to remember.
:-) I've never heard of this way to remember.
[Reply]
ucla695 11:35 AM 05-23-2009
I grill at least once a week. It's a great way for me to unwind and enjoy some nice cigars! :-)
[Reply]
Up