Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>MP3 Ear Buds
BlackDog 09:44 AM 05-19-2009
Thanks guys. I just ordered the Head Direct RE2's with the amp. Good reviews. I appreciate everyone's help!!! :-)
[Reply]
BlackDog 08:00 AM 05-24-2009
My earbuds showed up yesterday. Wow, the sound is amazing! I've hardly had these out of my ears since they were delivered. If you're currently using low-end earbuds, you have no idea what you're missing. For $49, which includes a small amp, these seem like a terrific value. Thanks guys for the recommendation!
[Reply]
skullnrose 08:23 AM 05-24-2009
Glad you are enjoying them you made a good choice. The sound you get from them is only as good as the source. If you are not afraid of a dangerous slope try them in a high end source. I have a 5th gen Ipod that was modded by a company called Red Wine Audio they call it the Imod. They get the little ipod to sound like a very high end source. That matched with a quality headphone amp and a nice headset/earbuds is audio bliss. At the very least try them with something other than a compressed MP3.
[Reply]
ehdg 08:32 AM 05-24-2009
Based on this thread, reviews and Warren's comments since he ordered them I went and did the same just now. I was tired of my old original one's since they move too much in my ear. For the price it just seemed like a no brainer. Will let y'all know what I think when I get them and use them.

Tks.
[Reply]
BlackDog 08:38 AM 05-24-2009
The "in ear canal" fit takes a little getting used to. My old ones fit in the outer ear. I had to change the rubber to a larger size. Never knew I had big ear canals. It's like wearing ear plugs. As long as you're comfortable with that, I think you'll be very pleased.
[Reply]
morefifemusic 03:35 PM 05-24-2009
Originally Posted by skullnrose:
Glad you are enjoying them you made a good choice. The sound you get from them is only as good as the source. If you are not afraid of a dangerous slope try them in a high end source. I have a 5th gen Ipod that was modded by a company called Red Wine Audio they call it the Imod. They get the little ipod to sound like a very high end source. That matched with a quality headphone amp and a nice headset/earbuds is audio bliss. At the very least try them with something other than a compressed MP3.
Indeed it is a slippery slope. Do an A/B comparison of your favorite track in MP3 128 bitrate vs FLAC. You'll notice even more of what you were missing. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:45 PM 05-24-2009
Glad you found something you liked!
[Reply]
BlackDog 03:57 PM 05-24-2009
"Moooommmm, tell Tyler and Scott to stop. They're tempting meee."

[Reply]
alley00p 04:39 PM 05-24-2009
I'm glad you found some that you like!

I'm really hard on earbuds, I use them at work, and I sleep with them plugged into my iPhone or Sansa MP3 players. For me, the higher end earbuds break just as fast as the cheaper models, so I've settled on Jvc Soft Inner Ear Buds - they run from $12 - $18 a pair. They have pretty decent response and I don't worry when a pair stops working I just toss 'em. :-)

:-)
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 10:39 AM 05-26-2009
Originally Posted by BlackDog:
Thanks guys. I just ordered the Head Direct RE2's with the amp. Good reviews. I appreciate everyone's help!!! :-)
Where did you order yours from?
[Reply]
BlackDog 10:47 AM 05-26-2009
Originally Posted by BeerAdvocate:
Where did you order yours from?
I bought the combo from the link below. Ordered on Tuesday, arrived on Saturday.

Originally Posted by morefifemusic:
I personally would recommend HeadDirect RE2s. They have a combo deal going on right now in which you can get the IEMs and a Fiio E5 Heaphone Amp for $50 (or you can get just the IEMs for $39. These do sound significantly better amped but will blow many IEMs out of the water even unamped.

[Reply]
ehdg 12:22 PM 05-29-2009
I just got my combo one's in today. I ordered on Sunday and it came today. Just tried one song with them and they fit much better in my ear already and sound better. Now just need to charge the amp and see how well it works with that too. Tks gain folks!!
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 12:33 PM 05-29-2009
So based on what's been said in the thread so far I'm between the Shure's and the HeadDirect's.

Are there real differences between the two or is it just down to personal preference at this point?

Thanks guys
[Reply]
poker 12:36 PM 05-29-2009
I cannot comment or offer any comparison on the HeadDirect's since I have never heard them Dustin. I do love my Shure's though. :-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 12:38 PM 05-29-2009
Your post alone was enough to get 'em on my radar screen Kelly :-)

Both are priced pretty equally (with minor exceptions) and all the reviews I'm reading are favorable. I was THIS close to buying just some random in ear headphones at the apple store before I read this thread, now I'm armed with some better info.

Thanks bro!
[Reply]
poker 12:40 PM 05-29-2009
Im certain that whichever you choose, they will blow the doors off the original Apple ones. I know mine do.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 12:53 PM 05-29-2009
Awesome! Thanks for the info Kel, I'm going to go pull the trigger on the Shure's now :-)

:-)
[Reply]
ir13 12:56 PM 05-29-2009
You should also check out etymotics.

The ER-6 is a great earphone for the money
[Reply]
morefifemusic 12:57 PM 05-29-2009
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
So based on what's been said in the thread so far I'm between the Shure's and the HeadDirect's.

Are there real differences between the two or is it just down to personal preference at this point?

Thanks guys
Shure makes some quality IEMs.

I only have the head directs, so I can't do a comparison.

In my experience shopping though, I would tend to think you pay a little more for a name like Shure.

Also, there is a pretty decent price different as the RE2s are fifty bucks with a great amp and the lower end Shures are in the 50-70 range without an amp.

Either one is a good buy though.

Good luck!
[Reply]
morefifemusic 12:58 PM 05-29-2009
Originally Posted by ir13:
You should also check out etymotics.

The ER-6 is a great earphone for the money
+1 good value.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up