Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Does the weather dictate what you smoke?
e-man67 02:36 PM 05-14-2009
So here is what I mean...In the cooler weather I tend to smoke a lite cigar and when the weather gets warmer I smoke the heavier fuller bodied stuff. I love to smoke the dark, heavy stuff when it it hot and humid...I know this sounds a bit weird but I love the thick cloud of smoke that tends to hang around when it's warm and humid.....something like a Partagas Black does the trick! :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 02:43 PM 05-14-2009
You must have a better tolerance than most. I tend to stay away from the strong stuff when it is hot and humid. Mostly switch to shorter sticks when it is colder and churchills for inside or when it is a nice 65 degrees outside. :-)
[Reply]
ade06 02:53 PM 05-14-2009
Yeah, I'm the opposite. I tend to smoke the heavier stuff during the winter or in the evenings (when the sun is down). For the hot sunny summer days, I tend to go with the milder cigars. Heat + full body cigar = sweaty mess (for me that is).
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 02:55 PM 05-14-2009
Originally Posted by ade06:
Yeah, I'm the opposite. I tend to smoke the heavier stuff during the winter or in the evenings (when the sun is down). For the hot sunny summer days, I tend to go with the milder cigars. Heat + full body cigar = sweaty mess (for me that is).
:-) I am the same way!
[Reply]
adampc22 03:02 PM 05-14-2009
yeh man when its not raining i smoke when it is i dont rains alot here :-)
[Reply]
Raralith 03:06 PM 05-14-2009
I choose cigars more on what I need. If I had a bad cigar, I have my go to cigars that I know will be good. If it's been a long day, I like to relax with a nice lancero. If I'm short on time, time for a petite corona. The only thing weather effects is if I'm having a walk or sitting at a bar. Living in Southern California though, I take a lot of walks. I'm just glad I've got an indoor bar where I can drink and smoke 3 blocks away.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 03:25 PM 05-14-2009
I pretty much smoke what I want whenever. I usually don't think about the weather.
[Reply]
BMTA 03:33 PM 05-14-2009
Only when I'm deciding whether to smoke a pipe or cigar. To hot to smoke pipes outdoors in the summertime.
[Reply]
hotreds 03:39 PM 05-14-2009
No
[Reply]
gnukfu 04:42 PM 05-14-2009
Doesn't affect me since I either smoke in my house, outside, or at the local lounge.
[Reply]
JJG 05:22 PM 05-14-2009
yeah I would agree with others who said time is more of a factor than weather. I live in Houston though so it doesn't really ever get too cold here. When it's hot outside I definitely prefer something mild to medium. In fact, it gets so hot and humid that I smoke mostly in the evenings rather than the heat of the day.
[Reply]
ucla695 07:02 PM 05-14-2009
Really no worries about the weather here in SoCal, but I can see how it can be in other areas with actual seasons. Time usually dictates what I smoke. :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 08:44 PM 05-14-2009
If it gets too cold I don't smoke.

P.S. - I live in Florida :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:08 PM 05-14-2009
Originally Posted by TripleF:
If it gets too cold I don't smoke.

P.S. - I live in Florida :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Up