Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cohibos!
rrplasencia 06:23 AM 05-13-2009
So my dad calls me yesterday and asks if he can come drop something off at the restaurant, which is strange. Comes by and hands me a box of esplendidos. I give him a hug thank him, then he pulls out a box of RyJ churchills. He's got a patient who brought them back from Cuba for him.
I go back into my office and start looking at them. No box code, warranty seal is made out of a different material, and they smell of amonia. I open the RyJ churchills, the only band the cigar has on it is the short churchill band. I cut one open and it was short filler.
I call my mom to give her a heads up and to keep this patient away from him. She's going to make sure he doesn't buy anything more from him in her own way. There's no way i can tell him though, if you had seen his face he was so proud of himself. He doesn't know anything about cigars, wine on the other hand he could teach anyone. Just had to vent, i'm so piss, :-) i can only imagine what he spent on them.
[Reply]
md4958 06:43 AM 05-13-2009
:-)

Do you think the guy ripped off your dad, or do you think the patient got suckered too?
[Reply]
marge796 06:44 AM 05-13-2009
Sorry your Dad was taken by some jack***. It's a great that he thought of you and your love of cigars though :-).

Chris........
[Reply]
rrplasencia 07:02 AM 05-13-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:

Do you think the guy ripped off your dad, or do you think the patient got suckered too?
not sure
[Reply]
icantbejon 08:28 AM 05-13-2009
That is lousy. It sucks cause you don't know if there was malicious intent or not. Good thing your mom is able to work her magic to prevent this from happening in the future.
[Reply]
hotreds 08:52 AM 05-13-2009
Very sad indeed! But, God Bless your Dad for being so thoughtful!
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:06 AM 05-13-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:

Originally Posted by rrplasencia:
not sure
I hope not...but if he's a patient of your dad's..I'm sure he'll find a way to get his $$ back :-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 09:37 AM 05-13-2009
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
I hope not...but if he's a patient of your dad's..I'm sure he'll find a way to get his $$ back :-)
:-) Some people you just dont want to **** with!
[Reply]
karmaz00 11:11 AM 05-13-2009
grrr. i hate that soory your family got ripped
[Reply]
JJG 11:22 AM 05-13-2009
I would bet that the patient probably got duped as well and wasn't trying to pull a scam. Most people just don't know what to look for and have no idea what they should expect to pay for the genuine article (and that they aren't sold on the beach):-) Until I got into cigars I would have never guessed there was such a large prevalence of fake Cubans.

Nevertheless, it's a good thing you gave your folks the head's up so they don't buy anymore.
[Reply]
Up