Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Beware: Ex Cigarette Smokers!!
Starscream 10:14 PM 05-08-2009
I recently bought a 50 count of Don Lino Cigarillos. They are about cigarette size. I haven't smoked a cigarette since July '06. This size cigar has made me want a cigarette for a while now. I'm ashamed to admit that I have smoked almost 10 cigarettes in the past week. I believe that this size cigar has contributed to my addiction. I'm not addicted to cigarettes again, but it' s a dangerous path that I have been treading lately. Ex cigarette smokers, stay away from this size cigar!!! I hope I can kick the habit/addiction soon.:-) Just a word of advice to those who have battled with the addiction.

Andy
[Reply]
Kwilkinson 10:16 PM 05-08-2009
Throw those things out immediately!!

Srsly. Good luck.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:20 PM 05-08-2009
Be strong, Andy, you have an entire Asylum behind you. :-) :-)

"I told you to tell them you was in a Sanitarium, not 'Sanitation' ".....

Tony Montana.
[Reply]
Starscream 10:28 PM 05-08-2009
Thanks guys. This is one third of my problems that I was referring to in my Thoughts and Prayers post. Lighting up my eleventh cigarette now.:-)
[Reply]
alley00p 10:31 PM 05-08-2009
Andy, I bought a bundle of 25 Don Linos, but in a slightly larger ring guage. I found them to have a pretty tight draw, but I was looking for something I could smoke on my short breaks during the day at work.

Of course, I stopped smoking cigarettes in 1992, so they didn't bother me any more than any other cigarillo. YMMV...

Good luck on breaking the habit!!!

:-)
[Reply]
newlifetaxidermy 10:32 PM 05-08-2009
That's why I don't go near anything that is likely to get me back on cigarettes (been quit almost 5 years now with not a single one).
[Reply]
kaelaria 10:34 PM 05-08-2009
You could always try and smoke them like cigars :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:37 PM 05-08-2009
Toss them out Andy.

[Reply]
Kwilkinson 10:42 PM 05-08-2009
It sounds like someone needs to send him a bunch of cigars so he doesn't get tempted to smoke these. :-)
[Reply]
JJG 10:43 PM 05-08-2009
I lit up a cigarette a couple years ago and it really did nothing for me. I put it out after a few puffs.

On the other hand I do sometimes find that I look forward to my Friday night cigar the way I used to look forward to a cigarette. It's not something I really worry about because I rarely smoke cigars during the week at all.

...I just dream about them, and read about them, and post about them on the internet. :-) Let's not kid ourselves, most of us who smoke a fair amount of cigars are probably still addicted to nicotine to some degree.
[Reply]
Up