Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>VZ Navigator -
RGD. 12:52 AM 04-25-2009
Anybody use this? Like it? Dislike it? Thoughts?

Thanks,

Ron
[Reply]
mikeyj23 06:06 AM 04-25-2009
I used this on my previous phone and rigged it so it was free. I thought it was great - turn by turn directions with street names, tons of POIs (points of interest), great information, good mapping system and accurate GPS. I don't use it now since I can't get it for free on my new phone, and I use TomTom mobile instead. With TomTom or Garmin mobile, there are no spoken street names so you have to look down at your phone for where you should turn. For that alone I miss VZNav, but don't want to pay a monthly fee for it.
[Reply]
AD720 06:33 AM 04-25-2009
I have it on my phone, it's bundled with the package I get through work.

It is good overall. Fast, accurate, has real time traffic and a constantly upgraded database.

Cons are the small screen size of the phone and tieing up your phone while you are navigating.

Unless you really need to have the convenience of having it on your person all the time you could buy a dedicated GPS unit after paying for 6-8 months of the service. :-)
[Reply]
smokeyandthebandit05 08:01 AM 04-25-2009
I have it on my Dare and I love it. It got me to Rochester using only back roads. My friends and I like to go on adventures and sometimes we forget how to get back and the GPS is handy

----------------
Now playing: Kenny Chesney - Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven (With The Wailers)
via FoxyTunes
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 10:42 AM 04-25-2009
I love it. It is very handy to use to look about where to go to eat or where ever. If you travel at all you will like it because of the fact it is in your phone instead of in your car. I also like I can look a place up the hit send and call them directly.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 10:43 AM 04-25-2009
I prefer my tomtom one 3rd edition but I know people who have it and they find it helpful. Their biggest complaint is having to pay the monthly fee.
[Reply]
RGD. 01:13 PM 04-25-2009
Well when I'm in my truck I have a laptop mounted with GPS and maps in it that works great. Sometimes though I have to, need to ride with others that don't have any GPS Navigation - so I'm thinking this would help in those times.

I just got the Blackberry Storm and it's got the GPS/Maps in it. I had heard that Verizon was blocking the use of this - but I tested it and it seems to work. The interface is a little less than desired.

Last month on a trip I got separated/stranded/left behind from my group and something like this sure would have been nice.

And I know that Verizon has a 30 day free trial - and they also have a pay by day option.

I have a trip coming up at the end of May and know there will be no navigation on board - so maybe a few days ahead of time I will order up the free trial - but didn't want to waste my time if most of you guys thought it was crap you know.

Ron
[Reply]
loki 01:23 PM 04-25-2009
i used it getting form state college to charlottesville and it worked better the the garmin gps i have in my car
[Reply]
Up