Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Blockbuster Online is very bad!
yellowgoat 11:46 PM 04-24-2009
I switched from Netflix to BB online because they Netflix raised the price for Blu Rays and I'm now thinking that the price hike isn't so bad.

I would get 2 movies a week with my one a time plain from Netflix. With BB Online I get one a week, It takes 5 days for BB to get the movie and another 3 days for my new movie to get to me.

I'm surrounded by Blockbusters where I live, I have 3 within walking distance and 4 more within driving range.

I been emailing back and forth to see what the hell they are smoking. I might go back to Netflix if nothing can be resolved with BB.
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 08:46 AM 04-25-2009
Yeah I switched from BB to Netflix...so much better. I would go back if I were you!
[Reply]
BlackDog 08:53 AM 04-25-2009
I think Netflix is great, we have their instant download service too and it's really sweet. I don't have blu-ray though, so I can't comment on Netflix' blu-ray service.
[Reply]
skullnrose 09:03 AM 04-25-2009
I have used both.Netflix is much faster.I like the advantage of being able to exchange a movie at a blockbuster b&m a few times a month though so I stick with BB.
[Reply]
yellowgoat 10:14 AM 04-25-2009
Back with Netflix.

BB Online wanted me to sign up for the total premium package that costs something like 20 bucks a month for one movie unlimited and I could return 2 movies a month at a store. What a rip!

Netflix is the better of two evils!

Cheers.
[Reply]
zitro_joe 10:22 AM 04-25-2009
Hmmm, I get them in three days. Plus I exercise the option to return then to a BB store for an in store exchange
[Reply]
zitro_joe 10:23 AM 04-25-2009
ohh, also...
I have never used Netflix so I have nothing bad to say about them but I have only had a good experience with BB online
[Reply]
yellowgoat 10:37 AM 04-25-2009
No idea why I had bad shipping times. I always had problems with BB, though! Year ago I kept getting bills for a game that was never rented by me.

I don't look like a guy who would even look at the box for a pokeman game.

I missed streaming movies on my xbox anyway. I decided to not rent blu rays because it would cost me 8.99 + tax plus 2.00 + tax for BR disk. 11 dollars for one movie is a bit much to me.
[Reply]
Darrell 10:47 AM 04-25-2009
Netflix rocks!!
[Reply]
rack04 10:57 AM 04-25-2009
I guess I'm in the minority. I really like Blockbuster Online when I had it. My turnaround time was great. Granted I'm in Dallas and that's where the shipping headquarters is.
[Reply]
Savvy 11:26 AM 04-25-2009
I had Netflix at home and I loved it. Now that I'm stationed overseas Netflix wouldn't let me sign up for some reason, so I signed up for BB. It's ok, but I liked Netflix better, but I'll take what I can get over here.
[Reply]
Up