Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>So I got to meet Jose "Pepin" Garcia
BillyCigars 03:09 PM 04-25-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Personally, I would have continued my quest to dispell some of the "Americans are cold" beliefs by giving him a firm whack on the ass after kissing both cheeks.
:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Drazzil 07:24 PM 04-25-2009
On further consideration, I should have paid the fifteen... But seeing as how when this event was posted, absolutely no menton was made of a cover charge, I wasen't really feeling paying fifteen dollars. My friend who was there (Wigwam) had a little righteous indignation thing going and was waiting in the parking lot, So I bought a Centaurian and just left.

Heres the photo. He didn't catch the hug as he was being told that we needed to pay fifteen a head immediately, but hey, I got a photo of me with Pepin!

[Reply]
BagfullofPings 08:01 PM 04-25-2009
I was at the Dana Point event (the night before) with Wigwam (Kumar), and there was no cover. David left a message on my phone regarding the issue. I have also spoke with Kumar as well. From what I have been told, the cover was a Zarka's issue. The night before I took a few pics with Pepin and he also signed several things for me. Pepin was very generous

Jason
[Reply]
BagfullofPings 08:41 PM 04-25-2009
I have not been on this forum for a while, so I did a little research on this.

David, you would have known about the $15 if you would have read Legends entire thread. Kumar already has issues with that establishment and I don't think he would have rolled if he knew about the cover. Live and learn.

At least you met Pepin. I'm sure it was worth it.

Jason
[Reply]
JJG 08:57 PM 04-25-2009
charging $$$ for an event seems kinda lame to me, unless they were doing giveaways or serving food/drinks.

glad you got to meet the big man though! that's pretty special.
[Reply]
Green Lantern 10:05 AM 04-27-2009
Originally Posted by floydpink:
Nah, most Latin cultures are very warm and consider us to be a little cold. many business meetings are started with a hug in South America

Personally, I would have continued my quest to dispell some of the "Americans are cold" beliefs by giving him a firm whack on the ass after kissing both cheeks.

Alex, when is the next Pepin event at Corona? I think I have already whacked most of the Padron's behinds.
Pepin was here a couple of months ago but Pete Johnson is coming to the CCC May 15(Downtown Orlando) and 16(Sand Lake). So you can feel free to molest him. Hope Pete brings some Cojonu '09 :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up