Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 40 of 40
« First < 30383940
Sports>Steelers fans check in...
shilala 10:30 AM 10-08-2012
That was a nasty win yesterday, but the boys responded to the "must have" and got it done.
It sure is nice to see Rashard Mendenhall back and running well. He's going to provide the other half of the offense we needed to make it work. Up till now, I bet Todd Haley was sweating bullets.
I worry that Antonio and Mike Wallace might think they're a bit too good for their own good. A little extra practice would go a long way towards making sure they catch the ball. Haley's game plan relies heavily on the strengths of this offense, and if he can't get guys to catch the ball, it'll be a long season.
I'm not talking about the couple long balls that were just off the fingertips, that's gonna happen. Sanders, Wallace and Brown each had a drop on easy passes, and they hurt us bad.
I hate to say it, but I think Troy is just about done. His style of play looks like it has just plain worn out that 31 year old body. If he could take it down a notch until he really needs it, he could probably stay healthy. I don't imagine he has that in him. :-)
I sure hope he can heal up and be ready soon. We can sure use him.

With all our offense in place, it should really start coming together now. We have a lot softer schedule than last year, so that should help. Hopefully come playoff time this new offense should be at it's peak. :-)
[Reply]
ripper 01:51 PM 10-08-2012
That was the best team we have played this season. A good win. Liked seeing Timmons & Worilds swirling around the field.
Game was over here at 1 pm, so celebrated with Mrs Ripper, who made me 2 garlic & apple sausage sandwiches on sesame seed rolls with grilled peppers, horseradish, onions & mushrooms. Fired a Pueblo Dominicano toro and it tasted great. Then a chorizo, green chile pico di gallo and black bean burrito for dinner during the baseball playoffs and Saints game, followed by a Diesel Unltd. d5.
Good day except that the Seahawks won.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:58 PM 10-08-2012
Sad win at best, but the Steelers are starting their momentum like every season and should be there with the best of them come play-off time.
[Reply]
srduggins 04:15 PM 10-08-2012
We still need to get DD back at RG for the offense to be complete. Would love to see Colon sitting on the pine - 4 holding penalties in 1st quarter - WTF?

Has it now become legal to hold Steelers? 4 games and not a single offensive holding penalty in the Steelers favor? I can't remember a PI call in their favor either. As poorly as yesterday's game was officiated it paled in comparison to the Sunday night game. I can't remember the refs so obviously influencing a game. I miss the replacement refs. At least the game was called poorly for both sides.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:59 AM 10-12-2012
Ugh. Where's the running game? :-)
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 09:03 AM 10-14-2012
I'm just hoping this year ends up being like 2005, where we hit stride at the right time. The last 5 or so superbowl winners have come from wild card teams that caught fire when they needed to. Not saying its automatically going to be a wild card year for the Steelers, heck we still have all 6 remaining games versus the AFC north yet. But man, the injuries are starting to get old! The same thing every year, too many key players hurt! I know it's part of the game, but why is it every year? Either it's dumb luck, we are getting old, or we need a new conditioning coach!

Well, I know one thing....we need to get on a tear and rip off at least 5 or 6 straight wins or it's curtains for us!
[Reply]
ripper 06:40 PM 11-04-2012
Except for the insane fake FG, was a wonderful victory.
Celebrating our amazing Steelers with a Camacho Triple Maduro toro.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:45 PM 11-04-2012
Originally Posted by ripper:
Except for the insane fake FG, was a wonderful victory.
Celebrating our amazing Steelers with a Camacho Triple Maduro toro.
Congrats, Bart! They Looked Good Today Against The Giants!:-)
[Reply]
Cville Cigar 06:45 PM 11-04-2012
My boys are Steelers fans, me, I'm not much of a pro fan, really like watching college.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 05:34 AM 11-05-2012
Thank you for this weeks win Steelers!
[Reply]
Mikey202 09:52 AM 11-05-2012
I'm glad we won that game..... but that was a blatant attempt by the officials to give the game to the Giants. Horrible to say the least, regardless of the situation in the area.

I think the fake FG, attempt was Tomlin saying , " WE got this." The defense stepped up in the second half, and how about the O-line?

The O-line has really done an outstanding job this year, run blocking and in pass protection.

And I personally like the move if letting Polamalu heal up.

The defense is starting to come together also.
[Reply]
shilala 10:06 AM 11-05-2012
On the fake field goal play, I thought Tomlin would go for it. He plays balls out and that was exactly the type of situation where he'll take his chances. As soon as he marched the field goal unit, I called the fake field goal. Well, not as soon as they marched out, but right when the camera shot to Tomlin trying to hide and act all normal. lol
It went off poorly, but it's only because Heath missed his contain block on the end and set his guy free.
I liked the call and I like that Mikey isn't afraid to do anything he can to win. Sometimes trickery doesn't work out, but there will come a time that it wins a game for us. Then Mike will be a genius. :-)
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 08:25 AM 12-09-2012
The return of Big Ben! Should be fun to see us make our run!
[Reply]
pnoon 08:28 AM 12-09-2012
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy:
The return of Big Ben! Should be fun to see us make our run!
Good thing you have a soft start to that run against Phyllis Rivers and the Chargers.
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 09:04 AM 12-09-2012
As they say my friend....Any given Sunday! You just never know sometimes but you're right, I would rather be facing the Chargers at 1pm eastern time, with a 4 game losing streak, at home in Pittsburgh to begin our run.

Although, we would be sitting atop the division if it wasn't for terrible losses to Oakland, Tennessee, and Cleveland.

I have been taught over the years to never expect a victory...but we will see!
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 01:52 PM 12-09-2012
Well, point proven...Any given Sunday. Ugly...

Well played San Diego, well played.
[Reply]
pnoon 02:09 PM 12-09-2012
Who'd a thunk it?
[Reply]
Commander Quan 12:45 PM 09-09-2013
Hopefully the Pirates can make it till hockey starts.

:-):-)
[Reply]
Page 40 of 40
« First < 30383940
Up