Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Anyone hear of Don Pepin counterfeits?
boonedoggle 04:43 PM 10-17-2008
I was thinking about how Padron Anniversary cigars have the double label for anti counterfeit measures...had anyone heard of DP smokes being counterfeited?
[Reply]
Mr. Ed 05:16 PM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by boonedoggle:
I was thinking about how Padron Anniversary cigars have the double label for anti counterfeit measures...had anyone heard of DP smokes being counterfeited?
Interesting, perhaps some of his higher end stuff from Tatuaje, but most of it seems to be in good supply and in a decent price range.
[Reply]
fsjonsey 05:20 PM 10-17-2008
From what I've heard, almost any desirable cigar, CC or NC, has been counterfeited at one time or another, especially when demand is high and supply low.
[Reply]
tedrodgerscpa 05:20 PM 10-17-2008
I'd imagine the tatuaje bands (sans regional releases) are pretty durn easy to counterfeit, too...

The Cabaiguans remind me so much of a QdO band. but, I've never heard of a counterfeited QdO... hmmmmm......
[Reply]
nhcigarfan 05:25 PM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by tedrodgerscpa:
I'd imagine the tatuaje bands (sans regional releases) are pretty durn easy to counterfeit, too...

The Cabaiguans remind me so much of a QdO band. but, I've never heard of a counterfeited QdO... hmmmmm......
I agree, those would be easy to fake.

Otherwise, no. I haven't heard of any DP counterfeits.
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 06:20 PM 10-17-2008
Nope but I ordered a box of RP 1990's off some website once and I swear they were fakes. All the bands came off a few seconds after I'd light one up as if it was glued on there.
[Reply]
dunng 06:35 PM 10-17-2008
Fake Tat Blacks and Jars?

That would be f'ed up! :-)
[Reply]
Up