Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Trouble and inconvienance with USPS
DPD6030 11:18 AM 04-17-2009
Ok so apparently you can't ship a package no matter that you paid for it using click-n-ship on the day after you printed the label unless you put the date of mailing. I forgot to mail the package out to Fred yesterday so I tried mailing it today. I was turned away from USPS because the date on the label was yesterday even though it is a flat rate box. I could not believe it! An inconvienance for sure. Just thought I'd pass this information on to others. :-)
[Reply]
md4958 11:28 AM 04-17-2009
Andrew, Ive done this before too. I just drop it in the mailbox, or leave it on the counter. They cant refuse it once youre gone :-)

I do notice that they tend not to scan them when they are dropped off late, making tracking almost impossible
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 11:31 AM 04-17-2009
I believe you can also get your money back. Not that it helps with the aggravation.
[Reply]
-MG- 11:34 AM 04-17-2009
If that's the policy, places around here don't seem to follow it. I almost always print my labels late at night (and don't touch the ship date field), and drop off the packages the next morning.

about half of mine go into a drop box (they can't really deny those :-)), the other half to the counter at the local UPS Store, and they've never said anything about it, other than occasionally double checking the weight.

Maybe worth trying other local places that accept USPS to see if they hassle you?
[Reply]
DPD6030 11:34 AM 04-17-2009
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:
I believe you can also get your money back. Not that it helps with the aggravation.
Yup, you can file for a return while in the meantime they take more money and it could take up to 14 days for a refund. :-)
[Reply]
dunng 12:19 PM 04-17-2009
Use a pen and change the date... :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:23 PM 04-17-2009
I use the APC...I just walk in and throw it in the box..
[Reply]
Up