Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Oliveiros XL for men
Don Fernando 12:01 PM 04-16-2009
My cigar buddy Misha gave me this big 5.5 x 60 cigar with a dark, mean looking wrapper full of big veins. The band is tacky, looks more like something you will find on an aftershave bottle then on a cigar. The construction feels good, and I have to stretch my Palio to the limits to cut this monster.

I can taste some leather and the texture of the smoke is very sticky. I need to rinse my mouth regularly. After half an inch the flavors transform to wood. The flavors are mild. After 1/3rd I could taste mild milky chocolate for a while with a burning sensation on the tongue, but the flavor returns to the wood taste again. The burning sensation decides to stick around.

After 2/3rd I taste something acidy through the wood but fortunately it only lasts a couple of puffs. The finale brings me a nutty flavor and the power grows a bit.

The smoke is white and thick to begin with although the amount of smoke decreases the longer I smoke. The ash is light gray, the draw and the burn are good. This cigar is mild bodied, mild flavored. If this is a cigar for men, then it’s probably for men who love other men.

Would I buy this cigar again? Nope, they better rename this cigar “Oliveiros XL for sissies” and throw a rainbow band on it.

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Appearance: 6 /10
Smoke && ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Aroma (first part) 6 / 10
Aroma (second part) 5 / 10
Aroma (third part) 6 / 10
[Reply]
borndead1 12:30 PM 04-16-2009
Even the name of the cigar sounds swishy.
[Reply]
BlackDog 12:31 PM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
If this is a cigar for men, then it’s probably for men who love other men.

Would I buy this cigar again? Nope, they better rename this cigar “Oliveiros XL for sissies” and throw a rainbow band on it.
:-) :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 12:33 PM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
If this is a cigar for men, then it’s probably for men who love other men.
:-) Not that there is anything wrong about that.

I love you man! :-)
[Reply]
bigheadmark 07:38 PM 09-22-2009
I got some of these in an Oliveros sampler...they were terrible...I mean, terrible to the point that U couldn't give them to me.....
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:04 PM 09-22-2009
Thanks for the review and warning!! :-)
[Reply]
Up