Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Hang tough, tax professionals
markem 10:21 AM 04-15-2009
We have several tax professionals here at the asylum. This is the time of year when they are least respected and most abused. I don't know about the rest of you, but while paying taxes isn't my favorite activity, my respect and admiration for those who understand all that tax code and can explain it to me for both my business and personal taxes is great.

So I'd like to wish all our tax professionals a hearty congratulations on making it this far and not killing anyone. You all are better humans that I think I would be.

I salute you! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Raralith 11:35 AM 04-15-2009
I worked in public accounting before I went into private accounting, and I must say that public can at times be much more insane than private accounting. I worked in a very large firm in NYC, and I was working on partnership and corporate tax returns. I'll never forget one time, it was August 15th and extensions needed to be filed that day. It was 8PM, someone asked me, letter in hand, if the mailman dropped by yet. I said yes, he said, "Oh well," and walked back to his desk.
[Reply]
Whee 09:16 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by markem:
We have several tax professionals here at the asylum. This is the time of year when they are least respected and most abused. I don't know about the rest of you, but while paying taxes isn't my favorite activity, my respect and admiration for those who understand all that tax code and can explain it to me for both my business and personal taxes is great.

So I'd like to wish all our tax professionals a hearty congratulations on making it this far and not killing anyone. You all are better humans that I think I would be.

:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:23 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by markem:

:-) :-)

Time to take a breather and enjoy a nice cigar.
[Reply]
Up