Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Does It Really Matter If Reviews Have Pics?
Bax 02:58 PM 04-14-2009
Yes. :-)
[Reply]
kaisersozei 03:02 PM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
Without pictures how am I supposed to...uh..nevermind!
Close your eyes and remember the last one. :-)
[Reply]
kaelaria 04:24 PM 04-14-2009
I like to engage all my senses. Since you can't smell or taste anything on the net, I do the next best with videos, along with high quality pics for everyone. I think it does add quite a bit to the understanding of the cigar.
[Reply]
lightning9191 04:31 PM 04-14-2009
I don't mind a picture or two, but beyond that I tend to skip the pictures and read the words. I don't mind a review not having any pictures. The flavor description, smokeability (burn/draw), and the answer to the question would you smoke it again are the important parts to me.
[Reply]
Mikhail 04:53 PM 04-14-2009
Yes, If a review does not have pictures how can you prove to the reader that you smoked it???
[Reply]
bobarian 05:00 PM 04-14-2009
Its ok if you post without pictures, but you're gonna get this:

:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Catfish 06:43 PM 04-14-2009
Well, with so many that frequent the forum, I suppose my pic-less reviews will be cool for some and not-so-cool for the others. Welcome to the intraweeblnetz. :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 06:55 PM 04-14-2009
Doesn't matter if you have pics or not.
[Reply]
MedicCook 07:32 PM 04-14-2009
The reviews are good and if pictures are available I know I enjoy them. I have an easier time remembering what a cigar/label looks like than I do with names sometimes.
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 07:36 PM 04-14-2009
YES!!!

[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:13 PM 04-14-2009
I'm sort of a visual type and do enjoy seeing a few photo's mingled with the review. The photo(s) allow me to observe the cigar while at the same time they complement the review.

Photo's with a review would be my preference:-)
[Reply]
poriggity 10:01 PM 04-14-2009
Being that I have a cigar blog, I feel every review, with the exception of the quickie types, should have pictures.
Scott
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 10:22 PM 04-14-2009
Originally Posted by DPD6030:
Not necessary but I do love me some cigar ****! :-)
:-) But the opinion is what is most helpful, especially where relative strength, flavors, and value are discussed. :-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 12:19 AM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by poriggity:
Being that I have a cigar blog, I feel every review, with the exception of the quickie types, should have pictures.
Scott
True but looking at your driveway as a background is soo monotonous. :-)

How about some videos to spice it up?

http://www.spike.com/video/manswers-season-1/2937253
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:03 AM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by Raralith:
It isn't necessary but it's quite nice. As long as it is not overkill, than it becomes picture diarrhea.
Agreed.One or two at maximum.

I really don't care what the cigar looks like from one quarter inch to the next.
If it explodes maybe,other than that,no.
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:09 AM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
It's the little things that make life worth living.... like seeing and laughing about these 2 posts being one after another. :-)

hey now, mine was direct and to the point, i like pics!!! no shame in that.

:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 06:11 AM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by lightning9191:
.... and the answer to the question would you smoke it again are the important parts to me.

Most recently, that's the part i've started looking for the most!! :-)
[Reply]
TBone 06:12 AM 04-15-2009
As a newbie pictures help me see and recognize a smoke, but more importantly is if the smoker can tell me what they tasted this will help me when I smoke the same stick. I can concentrate on discovering the same flavors. This will help me refine my pallate and become a better descriptor myself.
[Reply]
Coz77 07:15 AM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
Nope, I always posted reviews without pics until recently. The most important part of the review is the information it provides, pictures are just a little bonus.
The only reason I read Don Fernando reviews is because of the pretty pictures. Keep em' coming bro! :-)

I personally seek out picture reviews and sometimes tend to skim over the non picture ones.....Nevertheless I love me a good pic review. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up