Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Pit Bulls are vicious animals......
Blueface 02:16 PM 04-10-2009
.....except no one ever told Layla that.
Here is a photo taken by my daughter on her camera phone of Layla being man handled by my grandson and loving every minute.
Note the right hand under her chin. Too cute.

She is such an ambassador for her breed and such an example that these animals are so misunderstood thanks to folks using them for reasons other than to be a kid's best friend.
Attached: Ale and Layla.jpg (104.2 KB) 
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:19 PM 04-10-2009
Thanks for the post! People would be very surprised of how protective pit bulls are of babies and how they care for them.
[Reply]
Waynegro1 02:39 PM 04-10-2009
Great photo. I've always said, it's not the breed, it's irresponsible owners. :-)
And that goes for all breads. My :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 02:46 PM 04-10-2009
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
Great photo. I've always said, it's not the breed, it's irresponsible owners. :-)
And that goes for all breads. My :-)
:-)
[Reply]
mhailey 02:48 PM 04-10-2009
The issue with pit bulls is the power that is behind them. When raised wrong, they are deadly. There is no diputing that. However, when any dog is raised wrong it can be deadly, but pit bulls are the 357 mag. of the dog world. Get shot in the chest with a .357 and you will probably die, get shot with a .22 and you might die. Same with dogs, getting attacked by a pit is much different than getting attacked by any other dog.
[Reply]
King James 02:49 PM 04-10-2009
I'm calling child protective services right now Carlos!

[Reply]
68TriShield 04:03 PM 04-10-2009
She is pure sweetie,that Layla :-)
[Reply]
chippewastud79 04:17 PM 04-10-2009
Pit bulls are some of the most people-friendly dog breeds out there. They are not people agressive by nature, they are naturally pleasing pets (which is why they are bred for dog fighting because they want to please their masters by doing what they are asked to do). I have seen more bully breeds attempt to lick a young child to death than even growl at another dog, let alone a person. :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 04:17 PM 04-10-2009
and here I thought I could rant about the dog that bit me today

a maltezer :-)
[Reply]
hotreds 04:19 PM 04-10-2009
It ain't the dog, it's the master!
[Reply]
Blueface 04:32 PM 04-10-2009
Layla is a special dog.

She will lick you to death.
She plays with all the neighborhood kids and runs free in the yard with them.
They see her out and they run over to play with her.
If a stranger approaches the yard, she will bark and the hair on her back will let you know she means business. The moment she sees you are OK with the person, she will try to lick that person to death.
She sees the dogs next door fighting/playing and she barks at them and runs over to them trying to get them to stop.
She will not take her eyes off my grandson yet won't get angry at anybody that comes near him. If we are outside and I turn on my gas blower, she will go nuts trying to keep me away from my grandson but not in a mean way, just being protective.
My small, five pound Maltese abuses her, bites her on the side of her face and hangs on and she just stares at you with a look begging you to take him off her.
She walks by other dogs and doesn't even know they are there while the other dogs are nearly breaking their owner's leashes to get at her.

I always feared Pit Bulls and went nuts when my daughter adopter her from the humane society. Layla quickly won over our hearts and in three years, has never given me a reason to be concerned. I think she remembers what it was like to be a puppy, in the streets, hungry. I really think she is appreciative.

It bothers me so much when so often I see the likes of Judge Joe Brown who seems to preach quite a bit about how these animals don't belong in homes. In fact, it was on today's show. He had statistics of approximately 1,300 serious attacks v less than a hundred for many other breeds. That is not Layla. That is due to people having trained them to be that way.
[Reply]
nozero 04:40 PM 04-10-2009
Cute kid and pup!

I've been around a rather limited number of Pit Bull dogs, but each and every one of them were very well behaved and obedient.
[Reply]
replicant_argent 04:42 PM 04-10-2009
I think that dog is sucking the soul out of your grandson, Carlos.

Really... Vicious... I think she has him right where she wants him!
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 05:09 PM 04-10-2009
I had an opportunity to play with a large pitbull mix that was incredibly friendly. I was amazed at the shear size of musculature in the neck/shoulder region.
[Reply]
karmaz00 05:49 PM 04-10-2009
im like to say...dogs from puppy's are like there owners...if yuor a good person, and dont abuse your pets, they wont act out.....
[Reply]
awsmith4 06:19 PM 04-10-2009
My pit/rott mix is the sweetest dog I've ever owned. He is great with everyone. My experience has been that Pits are only mean when bread to be mean.
[Reply]
JaKaacH 06:36 PM 04-10-2009
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear..
What this has to do with the thread I don't know, I just like Rodney Dangerfield...
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:37 PM 04-10-2009
Originally Posted by JaKaacH:
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear..
What this has to do with the thread I don't know, I just like Rodney Dangerfield...
[Reply]
TideRoll 07:53 PM 04-10-2009
I was unexpectedly attached by a Pit Bull just the other day. I was looking at a house (part of my job) when a large white female pit bull came tearing down a deck stairway I was standing next to. She was so powerful I really had very little chance, especially since I was caught completely by surprise. I could not hold her at bay for long and inevitably, she worked her way right up to my face. The owner immediately pulled her away and apologized for the unwarranted attack. I told him it was OK, that I've been powerfully licked many times by dogs through the years. Dog slobber will dry, though I do wish he would have waited to feed her until after I left. The smell of canned dog food just kind of sticks with you.
[Reply]
groogs 07:54 PM 04-10-2009
That looks like a great dog. My parents have two pit bulls that have brought the family so much joy. They are getting old now, but they were the best protectors in their day. They are still great dogs, but they have lost a step with their old age. Pit Bulls are a very misunderstood breed.
[Reply]
Up