Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Stress take it VERY serious
hotreds 04:15 PM 04-10-2009
Well said, Chuck! Glad that at least you know the problem, and can work on fixing same!

Indeed, as cliche as it sounds, one does need to take time out to smell the roses! All the best to you and her, a nice cigar is, in fact, most relaxing! So, you two need to sit down and share a smoke or two or three!

All the best to you both!
[Reply]
JaKaacH 06:25 PM 04-10-2009
How do you deal with that kind of stress though.?
If you care about people its hard not to stress a little bit when you see people struggling, even if your not close to them. But to be in a enviroment with 50% reduction in work force it would be hard not to stress out some.

What about this kind of stress:
"Stress"...the confusion caused by the mind overriding the body's urge to choke the living sh#t out of some a##hole who thoroughly deserves it.
How to deal with this stress:
  1. Go to the range and blast away?
  2. Get a nice big glass of Scotch?
  3. Find a big slow smoking cigar and nice spot on the porch to enjoy it?
  4. OR go ahead and choke the @sshole?
:-)
[Reply]
Sailchaser 07:16 PM 04-10-2009
Originally Posted by ChasDen:
We had a long talk today about reducing her stress level.
The biggest weight on her shoulders is she allowed herself to get "too close" to many of her employees.
With that many people loosing their jobs (50% of the work force) It has taken its toll.

Chas
I just went through having to lay off (FIRE) 23% off the work force and then I was let go do to poor performance, I thought it was going to be a disaster but stress wise it was the best thing that ever happen to me:-):-)
[Reply]
ChasDen 10:45 PM 04-10-2009
Originally Posted by JaKaacH:
How do you deal with that kind of stress though.?
If you care about people its hard not to stress a little bit when you see people struggling, even if your not close to them. But to be in a enviroment with 50% reduction in work force it would be hard not to stress out some.
That is what I think is doing her in. She is dealing with single moms raising kids alone, older lady's who are working for the insurance to pay for the expensive prescriptions not to mention those who just bought homes a year ago and the list goes on.

Originally Posted by JaKaacH:

"Stress"...the confusion caused by the mind overriding the body's urge to choke the living sh#t out of some a##hole who thoroughly deserves it.
How to deal with this stress:
  1. Go to the range and blast away?
  2. Get a nice big glass of Scotch?
  3. Find a big slow smoking cigar and nice spot on the porch to enjoy it?
  4. OR go ahead and choke the @sshole?
:-)
:-) I tend to vote for #4

Chas
[Reply]
Nimbus 03:08 PM 04-12-2009
I am glad to hear that all your wife need is some rest and relaxation :-)

In honor of this less stress and more relaxation moment; I will smoke a cigar. :-)
[Reply]
Savor the Stick 03:39 PM 04-12-2009
Chuck,
You and her will continue to be in the prayers of the church I attend and my own. Your wife has a gift of empathy for those around her; it is difficult to step back a ways and still not be affected by those hurting around her. Time will bring a balance to her.
God Bless my friend

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up