Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Smoking while driving
BillyCigars 03:23 PM 04-08-2009
It may sound odd but I love the swirl of the smoke to linger around my face a bit. I roll the passenger window down about 4 inches and then just barely crack the driver's side. This keeps the smoke moving but it doesn't feel like I'm smoking into the wind either. If it's cold, I just turn on the seat warmers. Good stuff!:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:47 PM 04-08-2009
Bobkens rock. :-)
[Reply]
LooseCard 04:07 PM 04-08-2009
I roll with it.

Just like the blow-out I was fighting today.....

I have a Road Warrior for my rides.
[Reply]
bookman 04:15 PM 04-08-2009
Just to say that the Bobkin really, really woks great!
[Reply]
piperman 04:57 PM 04-08-2009
Lick it where it is burning faster, watch out for your tongue though. :-)
[Reply]
kevpierson 10:17 AM 04-09-2009
The formula for a perfect SUV smoke:

CC + triple flame lighter (sunroof + rear windows down - front windows down) = calm environment without excess smoke and nice even burn
[Reply]
Waynegro1 11:22 AM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
autobody repair or EMT?
FF/Paramedic.
Be safe however you choose to smoke and drive.
I'm just sayin' :-)
[Reply]
skullnrose 11:31 AM 04-09-2009
Love my Bobken but anyone else have a problem with it melting?
[Reply]
Waynegro1 11:59 AM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by skullnrose:
Did it melt "through" or melt the "styrrup"? Mine looks a bit rough, but has never melted.
[Reply]
Emerald 12:08 PM 04-09-2009
Lots of great advice here, thanks ! I smoke in my car on the long way back home a couple times a week and I will make good use of some of the tips I've read here. Merci ! :-)
[Reply]
Steelergar 12:16 PM 04-09-2009
I love smoking while driving especially if it is rush hour with lots of traffic. I think the fuente hemmingway short story's are made for smoking while driving , easy to start and not too heavy. I try to stay away from the heavy stuff while driving after I almost totaled my car smoking an ashton VSG. As far as fixing uneven burns I ussually drive with my feet until the burn has corrected itself.
[Reply]
Waynegro1 12:22 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by Steelergar:
I love smoking while driving especially if it is rush hour with lots of traffic. I think the fuente hemmingway short story's are made for smoking while driving , easy to start and not too heavy. I try to stay away from the heavy stuff while driving after I almost totaled my car smoking an ashton VSG. As far as fixing uneven burns I ussually drive with my feet until the burn has corrected itself.
With your feet you say? I'll go ahead and get my turnout gear on now.:-):-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 12:23 PM 04-09-2009
Man, now I actually wish my drive to work was longer!
[Reply]
Waynegro1 01:26 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
Man, now I actually wish my drive to work was longer!
As Super Tramp once said..."Take the long way home...":-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 02:31 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Bobkens rock. :-)
:-)

Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
Did it melt "through" or melt the "styrrup"? Mine looks a bit rough, but has never melted.
My looks a bit worn and beat up... but it still does the job... and for the $5 I think I gave for it, the thing has been awesome! :-)

Definitely a must have for smoking a cigar in the car. :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:37 PM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
Steer with the knee and correct burn with torch.
There you go:-)
[Reply]
butterB 02:46 AM 04-10-2009
Thanks everyone... seems like i need to invest in a Bobken
[Reply]
kaisersozei 10:22 AM 04-13-2009
Originally Posted by skullnrose:
Mine did--at least, two of the little ridges on the holder thing are both melted. I think it was caused by a PC or a smaller RG cigar that wasn't hanging over the hole. Doesn't look very pretty, but I think it roughed up the ridges a bit so that it works better now!
[Reply]
skullnrose 02:46 PM 04-13-2009
Yea that's how mine melted too. Also if you plan on leaving a lit cigar in it while you run into a store quick check to make sure the cigars still in it after you shut the door. I'd rather not discuss how I learned this:-) Let's just say It looks like I farted so hard It burnt a spot in the seat.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up