Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Mom's lost a customer today
ChasDen 03:07 PM 04-10-2009
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:

Mom’s should’ve said they were sold out and credited your friend or just honored the price with a note saying they have gone up in price for the next order. I think what happens is, the person completing the order does not give a rat’s a** about the customer and the owner has no idea their customers are being treated like this.

An email to owner goes a long way. It baffles me in a competitive market (online cigars) & in a shrinking industry (tobacco), that a vendor would be so cavalier in treating customers like they did in this example.
Based on the OP I took it that they called the customer informing them that the prices went up, I assume before completing the order. The customer then canceled the order, again assuming before shipping and charges. I did not take the post to say they were shipped unless I read it wrong.

Originally Posted by :
Soon afterwards,he got a phone call telling him the price had gone up from $60.00 to $80.00, an increase of 33 %. My friend was nice about it, pointing out that the price increase had not been updated on the web site,and was told that they were not going to honor their site price. He cancelled the order and will probably never order from them again,simply on principle.
When paying on line most times payments are just "pending" until manually completed or the system closes out for the day.

Chas
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up