Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Tatuaje in cello?
huero71 11:20 AM 04-05-2009
Has anybody ever seen a Tatuaje Reserva SW in cello before? I was reading some reviews on another site, and there was a picture of one in cello. Just curious, since I've never seen them that way before.
[Reply]
cort 11:22 AM 04-05-2009
Never seen one in cello bro. Now I am curious.
[Reply]
Jbailey 11:30 AM 04-05-2009
I've never seen it yet. There have been other cigars in the past that were never in cello and now they are. The older Rocky Patels edge/edge light never had a band or cello. Some of the Ashton VSG's now are coming in cello.

They might have just decided to start wrapping them.
[Reply]
leafandale 11:32 AM 04-05-2009
I have done two dinner events with Tatuaje over the last two years. Pete has always sent Reserva SW in bundles... and always in cello. So, this person probably came by the sticks by way of a Tat event. Just a guess.
[Reply]
alley00p 11:34 AM 04-05-2009
The only Tatuaje that I've ever seen in cello was a small pack of three Tat Blacks that I received when buying a box of Tat Havana IV's at an event. Each stick was wrapped in cello and put in a small box.

:-)
[Reply]
huero71 11:35 AM 04-05-2009
I know the Oliva Serie V's weren't in cello at first, and now they are. I don't know why, It just doesn't have the same "presentation value" to me in cello...
[Reply]
huero71 11:36 AM 04-05-2009
Originally Posted by leafandale:
I have done two dinner events with Tatuaje over the last two years. Pete has always sent Reserva SW in bundles... and always in cello. So, this person probably came by the sticks by way of a Tat event. Just a guess.
That's probably it. Thanks for the info. :-)
[Reply]
huero71 11:39 AM 04-05-2009
Originally Posted by alley00p:
The only Tatuaje that I've ever seen in cello was a small pack of three Tat Blacks that I received when buying a box of Tat Havana IV's at an event. Each stick was wrapped in cello and put in a small box.

:-)
That's right, I got one too at an event. and the P series are in cello too, at least the box I bought was. :-)
Guess my head was buried this morning... Time to go out and smoke a Tat. Thanks guys. :-)
[Reply]
bookman 07:27 PM 04-07-2009
not me, but just did the MMAO deal on see eye and got 10 tat hab. IV Nobles for $40!!!!

So I'm thinking they may be getting rid of the un celloed ones to make room for the new ones maybe?
[Reply]
stearns 07:29 PM 04-07-2009
only cello's i've gotten of any tats have been from events of any sorts. this is most likely the answer

stearns
[Reply]
KidRock 07:41 PM 04-07-2009
I bought a Tat RC184 and it was cello wrapped.
[Reply]
Silound 10:10 PM 04-07-2009
Originally Posted by huero71:
I know the Oliva Serie V's weren't in cello at first, and now they are. I don't know why, It just doesn't have the same "presentation value" to me in cello...

Box loss was taking it's toll on the VSG/Serie V and other brands that bundled cigars naked. Even LFD now wraps the entire bunch in a double paper wrapper and puts foam at the head and foot of the box to protect the cigars. Simply put, boxes were suffering an abnormally high degree of damage, both on the shelf and off, from the cigars being unprotected during shipping and while people were handling the product. I've seen entire boxes of VSG's come in that are all split and mashed from poor package handling (Ashton will of course make good on those to us).

Bundles of smokes for events are celloed so they don't get damaged in pockets or bags. or while being handled at the event.

Also many manufacturers now offer the option for cellophane on any cigars that don't come celloed as a standard practice. Many retailers place inventory control stickers on cigars, or simply prefer the extra protection, and can justify the extra cost of receiving cigars with cello (usually in the bundle form, not in a dress box).
[Reply]
huero71 06:21 AM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by Silound:
Box loss was taking it's toll on the VSG/Serie V and other brands that bundled cigars naked. Even LFD now wraps the entire bunch in a double paper wrapper and puts foam at the head and foot of the box to protect the cigars. Simply put, boxes were suffering an abnormally high degree of damage, both on the shelf and off, from the cigars being unprotected during shipping and while people were handling the product. I've seen entire boxes of VSG's come in that are all split and mashed from poor package handling (Ashton will of course make good on those to us).

Bundles of smokes for events are celloed so they don't get damaged in pockets or bags. or while being handled at the event.

Also many manufacturers now offer the option for cellophane on any cigars that don't come celloed as a standard practice. Many retailers place inventory control stickers on cigars, or simply prefer the extra protection, and can justify the extra cost of receiving cigars with cello (usually in the bundle form, not in a dress box).
That makes sense. Thanks. :-)
[Reply]
shortstory5 07:24 AM 04-09-2009
I bought a series p this week at a B&M that was in cello.
[Reply]
md4958 07:31 AM 04-09-2009
i think all serie P are in cello.
[Reply]
Darrell 08:23 AM 04-09-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
i think all serie P are in cello.
You're correct.
[Reply]
rizzle 08:27 AM 04-09-2009
I go to a B&M that opens the box and cellos the cigars themselves for boxes they intend to sell as singles. I watched them do it with a box of Tats last week. They can then put their inventory sticker on the cello, etc. Prolly makes sense all around if you think about it with people picking through boxes, etc.
[Reply]
Up