Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>I need to vent! (share your AT&T gripes)
Drat 01:21 PM 03-30-2009
Sorry about the ranting/venting, but I'm about to explode with anger at these idiots.

Here's my saga:
- I ordered 2 iPhones from AT&T's premier site (govt. worker discounts) on March 20th.
- It took me 4 hours to get the order placed due to their site not showing the second line porting 1st in the cart and then it didn't show in checkout once the 1st was resolved.
- Received an email on my work account at 6pm Friday night stating that I need to call them, no reason given.
- For some unknown reason, I logged into my work account on Saturday at 6pm and saw the email. I tried calling (had 2 hours before they said they would be closed) and their "system" was down and it hung up on me. Tried for an hour and then gave up.
- Called monday at 8:05am and got it straightened out. I had a hold on all new credit accounts due to a fraud warning from my union (they lost a mailing that had every member's SSN) All should have been good at this point.
- Received 2 emails Monday at 2pm claiming that I needed to call them and straighten out my credit situation.
- Called and after 20 minutes of holding, had it straightened out
- Received an email Tuesday morning stating that I needed to call, exact same as the first 2, no reason.
- Repeat above weds, thurs, and Friday.
- Finally see my online order status change to "processing", then shipped on Friday.
- Order arrived today, 1 phone missing a SIM card. :-)
- Call them up and they tell me to go to an Apple store to get one
- Call Apple store and they say they don't have AT&T SIM cards.
- Call AT&T store and the number is actually to a national call center.
- They say that we can go to the local store and get it. The wife's there right now. I'll either be celebrating or sending a letter bomb to AT&T tonight.

All of this for Mobile Stogie!

I hate to say it, but I actually miss Verizon.
[Reply]
Blueface 01:26 PM 03-30-2009
Sorry to hear that.
I bought mine at Best Buy (which I can start a new vent thread on due to my experience returning a tv yesterday that went to crap in less than 90 days and they say I have to wait 4 weeks for repairs - to which I told them where they can go).
I then went online and notified AT&T of my employer account information for the applicable discount and all worked out pretty much the same and had my phone with me right away.
[Reply]
Drat 11:16 AM 03-31-2009
All I can say is that Mobile Stogie has made that entire week worthwhile.
[Reply]
Up