Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
General Discussion>GM vehicle? Not me.
BC-Axeman 09:40 AM 03-31-2009
Keep what is profitable. Can what is not. Make more of what makes a profit. How much simpler can it get? Cut costs and increase quality (or at least the perception of quality :-) ). Brand loyalty is shallow. Popularity is most often short lived. I think, along with the business structure, the marketing people have been failing.
I like the GMC trucks better than their Chevy counterparts. I have a Ford because it was the most truck I could get for the money at the time.
[Reply]
AAlmeter 10:16 AM 03-31-2009
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
Keep what is profitable. Can what is not. Make more of what makes a profit. How much simpler can it get? Cut costs and increase quality (or at least the perception of quality :-) ). Brand loyalty is shallow. Popularity is most often short lived. I think, along with the business structure, the marketing people have been failing.
I like the GMC trucks better than their Chevy counterparts. I have a Ford because it was the most truck I could get for the money at the time.
Unfortunately other idiotic factors are involved due to regulations and other BS...thats why they continue to produce efficient cars, despite the fact that are not profitable. But since the government demands it, the government gets it.
[Reply]
Junior 10:30 AM 03-31-2009
GM and Ford have some great cars they produce overseas that can't be produced here. Ford has a diesel version of the Focus that gets 65mpg, but the US will never see it due to high production cost as well as the cafe standards.
[Reply]
Hardcz 10:38 AM 03-31-2009
and I wonder from everyone posting who actually has any experience to what gm, chrystler, toyota, ford, etc are doing... any of you actually work in a plant, for these companies, for a supplier, for anyone who has to do with any of this?

If not, why even talk about it. It's just the same as those news reporters who print first and ask questions later. :-)
[Reply]
Ahbroody 10:41 AM 03-31-2009
Originally Posted by Pitmaster:
GM has more cars that get over 30 MPG, and more Hybrids than Toyota or Honda. What a crock. I love my new Corvette FWIW
Mike
I know and watching the news last night its said how misinformed people are on the issue. Unfortunately its not limited to one age group. Its every where. This also goes to reliability. JDpowers recent reports on reliability also shows many US manufactures are producing very high quality product. Unfortunately the 80s and erly 90s they took a deagle and shot themselves in the head 2x.

As to hybrids I still laugh at the buyers. My childhood friend works for toyota and discussed just how non eco friendly these cars are. The amount of wiring used the amount of energy to produce and the batteries. These cars are no where near as eco friendly as people think they are. A corolla is more eco friendly than a prius when all factors are included. Why do you think VW green diesel is viewed by many as the greenest vehicle available.

OOO and I buy and drive Ford Trucks. My F250 has been the greatest truck I have owned hands down. Having owned Chevy, Dodge, Toyota. Ford is built the best.
[Reply]
Hardcz 10:47 AM 03-31-2009
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
My F250 has been the greatest truck I have owned hands down. Having owned Chevy, Dodge, Toyota. Ford is built the best.
My S10 SS will beat up your F250.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:50 AM 03-31-2009
My F250 will beat up the Chevy while hauling the Dodge! :-)
.45 vs 9mm anyone?
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 10:52 AM 03-31-2009
Originally Posted by Hardcz:
and I wonder from everyone posting who actually has any experience to what gm, chrystler, toyota, ford, etc are doing... any of you actually work in a plant, for these companies, for a supplier, for anyone who has to do with any of this?

If not, why even talk about it. It's just the same as those news reporters who print first and ask questions later. :-)
Why talk about it? It is just a tad relevant to everyone who lives in this country seeing that the auto industry is one of our most important industries. In fact, it is relevant to everyone in the world today! I don't see how not talking about it would help.
[Reply]
AAlmeter 11:32 AM 03-31-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
Why talk about it? It is just a tad relevant to everyone who lives in this country seeing that the auto industry is one of our most important industries. In fact, it is relevant to everyone in the world today! I don't see how not talking about it would help.
Agreed.

That plus the fact that I've now been thrust in as an owner of the company.
[Reply]
Tombstone 11:42 AM 03-31-2009

We are BUYERS. This gives us the authority to talk about it. BTW the company i work for is a supplier to auto manufactures. I think everyone has a say in this.
[Reply]
darb85 11:45 AM 03-31-2009
Originally Posted by Junior:
I will have to disagree with you on the GMC Yukon part. I personally think that the GMCs have a better interior than the Tahoe. As far as the Equinox I think it should be gone, and keep the Trailblazer.
Trailblazer was replaced with the Traverse

GMC and Chevy Interiors are absolutly identical same part numbers too. QC might be different at the assembly plant though :dunno
[Reply]
Hardcz 11:48 AM 03-31-2009
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner:
I'm biased because I work as a contractor in a GM plant. I will say I want them to survive. I see every day where there is wasted money, on people and supplies.

This has happened in one way or another at every company I've worked for. Though in this case it's on a larger scale due to the size of the company.

What gets me is how people seem to be on a hate train over the auto companies. Or the Unions... or whatever. They have their faults, they have their benefits. It's all screwed up.

Problem I see is the lack of factual data being provided by the haters. There is some from time to time, usually twisted to the numbers that benefit the speaker most.

Just looking for open minds and the like.
[Reply]
Tombstone 12:05 PM 03-31-2009
Failing business should fail. The government is rewarding failure (bailouts) and punishing (taxing) success. This is not the America that our founding fathers envisioned. The federal government does not have the constitutional authority to bailout, manage, or direct private industries.
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 12:12 PM 03-31-2009

I work for a supplier for at least another month, do I get to talk about it?
My S10 SS will beat up your F250.
:-) F450 FTW
[Reply]
Hardcz 12:15 PM 03-31-2009
Yea, tho the govt shouldn't be putting it's nose into banning tobacco use either...though they do.... But I do believe we shouldn't talk about political issues towards these topics...
[Reply]
Tombstone 12:17 PM 03-31-2009
Yea, tho the govt shouldn't be putting it's nose into banning tobacco use either...though they do.... But I do believe we shouldn't talk about political issues towards these topics...
These issues are engrossed in politics.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 07:35 AM 04-09-2009
Follow up, it looks like I'm not alone in my feelings:
Detroit Free Press article
http://www.freep.com/article/2009040...SS06/904090367
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up