Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>El Titan de Bronze redemption robusto
Don Fernando 02:51 AM 03-29-2009
I used google to find some background info on this cigar and learned that this cigar is made in Miami with Nicaraguan filler, binder and Ecuadorian Sun Grown Habano wrapper and is made by Pablo Romay. Upon feeling this 5 x 50 robusto I found some softer spots in the cigar, which made me worry about the burn. The wrapper has a lot of veins, including a big fat one, and feels dry. The veins are covered by 2 bands, so the appearance is still acceptable. The predraw is just fine and gives me a bit of a dry woody flavor.

I light the cigar and taste a full coffee flavor combined with a little pepper. The flavor is definitely full. After about an inch, the coffee turns into leather and some wood and I can taste an aftertaste of pepper in the back of my throat. But leather is the main flavor.

After a third, the cigar becomes somewhat bitter and harsh, I don’t like this at all, but since I set my mind on reviewing this sucker I keep on smoking. Right at the halfway point there is a creamy chocolate flavor fighting the bitterness and that fight continues right till the turning point.

The smoke on this cigar is just fine, full & thick. I have absolutely no complaints on the razor sharp burn, but the ash is a bit frayed. I consider this to be a full flavored medium bodied cigar.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, it started out nice, but the second part of the cigar wasn’t good enough and the cigar didn’t recover enough in the last part to make up for the bitter taste in the middle.

Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Appearance: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 5 / 10
Aroma (last part) 6 / 10
[Reply]
TripleF 07:30 AM 03-29-2009
Great review. :-)

i do love this cigar....just kinda hard to get a hold of.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 07:46 AM 03-29-2009
Don't worry Scott, I won't be buying them so there are more left for you :-)
[Reply]
Up