Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Opus X - Chateau de la Fuente - 1992
Texan in Mexico 08:06 PM 03-27-2009
Good evening all,

I am coming back from a trip to the Caribbean for work and had a few hours between flights so I hit the B&M I like in Miami. I bought some stuff to bring back to Mexico (Padron and some LGC) and the manager gave me a tin of cigars.

I admit to being out of the loop somewhat when it comes to Fuente cigars. Honestly I have been turned off by the couple I tried, probably smoked them ROTT instead of letting them sit as they say.

The tin is beautiful and says Rare Estate Reserve 1992 Robusto with three cigars inside. I have surfed around looking for more information on these but have come up empty.

I am even surprised to find Fuente doesn't have an independant site set up or maybe it is just down currently?

I am just looking for some information on these cigars and some opinions from those that have tried them.

Is the tobacco really aged from '92 or is it like the Rockies?

Thank you in advance and a safe weekend to you all! :-)

Respectfully,

Travis
[Reply]
Beer Doctor 08:23 PM 03-27-2009
They're just the regular Opus X tins. I don't know the significance of the 1992 but the tobacco is not from that year.

Here's fuente's site.

http://www.cigarfamily.com/

I think these are the cigars that you're talking about. I've got two of these. They're great:-)

http://www.bestcigarprices.com/cigar.../230-11002.htm
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 10:51 PM 03-27-2009
Thank you very much for the site info though I don't see any mention of the significance of the date.

Anyone else have an idea?
[Reply]
mastershogun 11:56 PM 03-27-2009
from vitolas.net

Although "1992" appears on each box of Opus X cigars that are sold, it does not refer to when the cigars were rolled. Rather, it refers to when the first "seeds of hope" were planted.
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 09:16 AM 03-28-2009
Thank you very much.
[Reply]
Garbandz 01:28 PM 03-28-2009
This season's Opus release lasted 24 hours at my local.The owner put a 3 pack back for me,I got it today.One lucky person got a box and gave a few to the group,they were described as excellent,rich,better but not as strong as the last release.I will try one soon and give a review,and will keep the rest for a few months to let them age...
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 02:42 PM 03-28-2009
Originally Posted by Garbandz:
This season's Opus release lasted 24 hours at my local.The owner put a 3 pack back for me,I got it today.One lucky person got a box and gave a few to the group,they were described as excellent,rich,better but not as strong as the last release.I will try one soon and give a review,and will keep the rest for a few months to let them age...
I am looking forward to your review. These are new for me really.
[Reply]
sjnovakovich 11:34 AM 04-10-2009
bestcigarprices is the most tongue-in-cheek name I have seen in a long time. It's more like HighestCigarPrices.
[Reply]
Up