Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>R.I.P. Natasha Richardson
Darrell 07:24 PM 03-18-2009
She passed away today after a skiing accident. Rest in Peace.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,7226403.story

:-)
[Reply]
CBI_2 07:38 PM 03-18-2009
Sad case.
[Reply]
Jbailey 07:41 PM 03-18-2009
Rest in Peace.

was just flipping through the channels and saw that.
[Reply]
ucla695 07:42 PM 03-18-2009
Very sad.
[Reply]
G G 07:44 PM 03-18-2009
RIP. Very sad indeed.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:51 PM 03-18-2009
R.I.P.
Sad event
[Reply]
Cyanide 07:55 PM 03-18-2009
It would seem to me that she must have struck the side of her head, and suffered a epidural hematoma.

Ironically, I bet it was the transport from the Canadian Hospital to the American Hospital that probably killed her. Literally the treatment for this would have been a CT scan followed by a drillbit to the skull.

Its a shameful loss
[Reply]
Blueface 08:23 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by Cyanide:
It would seem to me that she must have struck the side of her head, and suffered a epidural hematoma.

Ironically, I bet it was the transport from the Canadian Hospital to the American Hospital that probably killed her. Literally the treatment for this would have been a CT scan followed by a drillbit to the skull.

Its a shameful loss
Sounds about right based on what I have heard in the news.
Truly amazing.
She felt fine.
Was described as a minor fall.
Took an hour to get a bad headache, next thing, dead within a short period of time.
Amazing and sad.
[Reply]
Cyanide 08:29 PM 03-18-2009
And its that lucid period between head injury and deterioration of mental state that lets you know you have to drill a hole into the head quickly, not dick around with transporting to another hospital
[Reply]
Waynegro1 09:49 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by Cyanide:

Its a shameful loss
It could of been a subdural hematoma as well. I'm not sure why she wasn't brought to a hospital as soon as she became symptomatic. As far as the interhospital transfer is concerned, I heard on the news, she was presumed "brain dead" before the transfer decision was made. I really can't say much about it, since I've just heard of this horrible accident. I must read more.
I will say, I am sorry for Liam Neeson and the rest of her family and prayers will be said tonight for them all.
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:56 PM 03-18-2009
I feel bad for her family!

R.I.P.
[Reply]
King James 10:15 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by Waynegro1:
It could of been a subdural hematoma as well. I'm not sure why she wasn't brought to a hospital as soon as she became symptomatic. As far as the interhospital transfer is concerned, I heard on the news, she was presumed "brain dead" before the transfer decision was made. I really can't say much about it, since I've just heard of this horrible accident. I must read more.
I will say, I am sorry for Liam Neeson and the rest of her family and prayers will be said tonight for them all.
I also thought I remember hearing that she was considered brain dead before being transported to the U.S.
[Reply]
KidRock 10:21 PM 03-18-2009
:-)
[Reply]
DrDubzz 10:38 PM 03-18-2009
very sad, RIP
[Reply]
icehog3 11:06 PM 03-18-2009
R.I.P. Ms. Richardson

[Reply]
rizzle 09:31 AM 03-19-2009
Just unbelievable and awful. To think how many times something so seemingly innocent has happened to me.

Life is a fragile *****, man.

RIP
[Reply]
Scottw 09:42 AM 03-19-2009
Awful news. She was a talented and quite beautiful woman. Prayers for the family.
[Reply]
Up