Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Man O' War rubusto
Ratters 04:03 PM 04-15-2009
Finishing up one right now. I really like these.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 04:46 PM 04-15-2009
Originally Posted by Ratters:
Finishing up one right now. I really like these.
So, basically, Legend's ratings are "backwards"? Avoid the 4 and higher and seek out 3 and lower... :-)
[Reply]
duckmanco 08:06 PM 04-15-2009
Finally tried my first Man O' War torpedo, and found it pleasantly medium bodied and rich mocha-ey with minimal spice. I dug it lots.
[Reply]
Ratters 01:24 AM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by TheRiddick:
So, basically, Legend's ratings are "backwards"? Avoid the 4 and higher and seek out 3 and lower... :-)
Don't go by me, I hate Opus Xs and Cubans. :-)
[Reply]
Legend 01:47 AM 04-16-2009
Can you name one of my 4s or 5s? I review to be a help to my botl. Sorry if my tastes don't suit you. But no reason to ridicule. I'm trying to be a help to my botl.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 10:28 AM 04-16-2009
Its just strange to see a number of your reviews that have really great descriptors for a cigar to then see a middling score of, say, 3.6 or so. Doesn't compute. Especially from one who has complained about others' rating systems and consistency. You should really take a good look at yours.
[Reply]
TheRiddick 10:31 AM 04-16-2009
Originally Posted by Ratters:
Don't go by me, I hate Opus Xs and Cubans. :-)
I am in the same boat. Used to buy Opus back in mid to late '90s, decided they are just OK and not worth the price and hustle. My last box purchase of Cuban cigars was also back in '97, their quality dipped, A LOT, since then. Flavor profiles have changed as well.
[Reply]
Legend 12:52 PM 04-16-2009
Its just strange to see a number of your reviews that have really great descriptors for a cigar to then see a middling score of, say, 3.6 or so. Doesn't compute. Especially from one who has complained about others' rating systems and consistency. You should really take a good look at yours.
If you read my rating system. A 3 or high 3s cigar is a darn good cigar. That's the whole point it takes a wonderful cigar to break that 4 and 5 rating. Think about it. Only about 30 cigars get up there. They are exceptional. So a high 3 in my system is a really good cigar even a low 3 is pretty darn good. So yeah maybe its like seeing hundreds of 90+ rated cigars for the middle crop of nice cigars. But I feel that's how it is. There are a lot of really nice cigars out there and a few exceptional. My system caters to distinguishing those. Which was my complaint about other systems. No way to distinguish the really good ones. Everyone is a 90+
[Reply]
Steelergar 01:23 PM 04-17-2009
I still have not tried all of AJ's cigars, but if you guys don't already know he has his own brand now call AJ fenandez. I know thay sell it own at cigar international.
[Reply]
RCS44 08:31 PM 09-09-2011
Great cigar! I ordered a ten pack of these online with out having tried them before. I was surprised at the fullness of the cigar. Good cigar, i am aging the rest of them before i light one up again.
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:08 PM 09-09-2011
Thanks for sharing. First time I smoked one of these...I was not impressed at all. After trying a few more, they were very enjoyable. IMHO, the best MOW is the Puro Authentico...it's a spice bomb. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up