Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
General Discussion>What Makes You IRISH Today ?
mrreindeer 05:13 PM 03-17-2009
Sorry 'bout that Sean. :-)

Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
He sells C shares by the sea shore.:-)
Hysterical!! :-):-)
[Reply]
CBI_2 05:32 PM 03-17-2009
Could have some Irish on my father's side but will never know as I don't know him. Spanish (by way of Cuba a long time ago), German and a little French on my mom's side.

Closest I get to being Irish is the rare occasion I have a little green $$ on me. :-)
[Reply]
RGD. 05:39 PM 03-17-2009
My last name - plus the fact that my Grand Father was right off the boat, Ellis Island and all - :-)

Ron
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:11 PM 03-17-2009
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
Beer!!!:-)
I added green food coloring!!!:-)
[Reply]
Sailkat 10:10 PM 03-17-2009
Originally Posted by Sailchaser:
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY ALL
......and he's lucky enough to be married to an Irish lass :-)

Oíche mhaith agus codladh sámh
(Good night and sleep well)
[Reply]
Fumes 10:53 PM 03-17-2009
My mother's great-grandparents came over from County Cork. Of the many family legends, most of which I am sure are total bull, my favorite is the one about the Conroy family entering Ellis Island -- the story is that all six of the male children were named James -- Big Jim, Little Jim, Middle Jim, etc. I never believed this story until my uncle did the genealogy and showed me the documents.

Then there was the time my grandfather was thrown out of boarding school for firing a shotgun in the dormitory. And of course Great Aunt Rose, the psychic, who told my grandfather that he wouldn't marry the girl he brought home to meet the family, because he would marry a redhead. And of course, he did not marry that girl and later on he did marry my grandmother, who had red hair.

And so on... that's what makes me Irish. Among other things.
[Reply]
Sailchaser 07:01 AM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by Sailkat:
......and he's lucky enough to be married to an Irish lass :-)

Oíche mhaith agus codladh sámh
(Good night and sleep well)
I am very blessed to be married to a wonderful lady that I could spend the day with.Thanks to all for making this thread go. Hope all of you enjoyed the day and were safe.:-)
[Reply]
smokehouse 07:10 AM 03-18-2009
I got some in me from my dads side somewhere...I didn't drink a drop yesterday...I plan to make up for it next week since I have the week off...
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 07:57 AM 03-18-2009
I usually have a glass of wine or a couple fingers of spirits every night except last night. I did have corned beef and cabbage though.
[Reply]
ucla695 06:39 PM 03-18-2009
I'm Catholic and enjoy the elixir of life (booze). :-)
[Reply]
DrDubzz 06:40 PM 03-18-2009
The McCown side of my family (mom's side)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up