Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Discussion>Hanging by a rope
Nick 11:06 PM 03-15-2009
I have tried three different rope blends all by GH. I love them, they are fantastic; very strong and lots of good flavor. In the old days a lot of tobacco came in this form I believe. Why don't we see more blends in rope form? Is it harder or more expensive to produce? What are some of your favorite rope tobaccos?
[Reply]
DrDubzz 11:24 PM 03-15-2009
I've never tried any, and I've been interested to.

part of me wants to get them for pranking purposes since they look like turds, but I'd also like to smoke them :-) (the ropes, not the turds)
[Reply]
Nick 11:41 PM 03-15-2009
My girl friend always says, "Nick that thing looks like a turd, it's gross!" I tell her if a turd was as good as that tobacco I'd spend all my time at the dog park.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 12:05 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by Nick:
My girl friend always says, "Nick that thing looks like a turd, it's gross!" I tell her if a turd was as good as that tobacco I'd spend all my time at the dog park.
:-) my back yard would be a gold mine!
[Reply]
Spearl 01:24 AM 03-16-2009
I've smoked turds and I think they're great!
[Reply]
Curly Cut 12:49 PM 03-16-2009
i think we don't see them that often due to the smoker (end user) doesn't want to fluck with preparing it - we're all on the go-go-go-go.

i'm still looking for a rope cutter from the old days, but haven't been very active in the search lately.
[Reply]
Nick 04:28 PM 03-16-2009
I've been thinking I need one of those too. People should try ropes more, they can be very good.
[Reply]
WWhermit 08:00 PM 03-16-2009
A suggestion of a good rope to introduce ourselves to, perhaps?

WWhermit
:-):
[Reply]
Nick 08:07 PM 03-16-2009
Of the ones I have tried I would suggest Coconut Twist and Sweet Rum Twist first; also Black XX. I also have tried one bowl of Brown Rope no. 4, I wasn't thrilled with it but I only tried it once.
[Reply]
Professor Mike 10:16 AM 03-17-2009
Also another thought. Have you ever tried rope style chewing tobacco such as Cotton Bowl twist or Good Money. Its pretty good. Just treat it like rope pipe tobacco. It may require a little more drying time,however it smokes very well. Cotton Bowl is about equal to XX rope.:-)

Prof. Mike:-)
[Reply]
Nick 03:03 PM 03-17-2009
I haven't but I might, sounds good.
[Reply]
Up