Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Entertainment>Quentin Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds
BORIStheBLADE 07:51 PM 03-15-2009
I ran into this movie while looking at trailers by Quentin Tarantino. It definitely doesn't look like his style, but might be interesting. What do you guys think?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/weinst...riousbasterds/
[Reply]
yellowgoat 07:54 PM 03-15-2009
Another remake.
[Reply]
white_s2k 07:57 PM 03-15-2009
Looks pretty damn cool :-)
[Reply]
M1903A1 07:58 PM 03-15-2009
I remember seeing this trailer a few weeks ago.

Don't know why...but the WW2 nut in me was cringing. I do wish Hollyweird would get over this "misfits make the best spec ops troops" bullcrap, because it just ain't so!

What really gets me is that stuff like this keeps getting remade, and genuinely heroic stories like the Battle of Leyte Gulf, the U-505 capture and the American guerilla war in the Philippines are ignored.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 06:29 PM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by M1903A1:
I remember seeing this trailer a few weeks ago.

Don't know why...but the WW2 nut in me was cringing. I do wish Hollyweird would get over this "misfits make the best spec ops troops" bullcrap, because it just ain't so!

What really gets me is that stuff like this keeps getting remade, and genuinely heroic stories like the Battle of Leyte Gulf, the U-505 capture and the American guerilla war in the Philippines are ignored.

I figure they probably don't think they can make a money making movie out of some heroic/historic stories.
[Reply]
Up