Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Asylum Thought
smokepiper 01:46 PM 10-16-2008
Aren't we all seeking refuge. Asylum as defined by the gubment.

(Some liberties were taken with this...)

Asylum is a form of protection granted to individuals in the World who have been persecuted or fear they will be persecuted on account of their race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, Hobbies or political opinion. Individuals who meet this definition of a refugee and who are already on the Internet or who are seeking entry nto the internet at a port of entry may qualify for a grant of asylum and be permitted to remain in the asylum as long as they are not barred from either applying for or being granted asylum. Individuals who are granted asylum are eligible to apply to adjust their status to that of a lawful permanent resident.

Jungles can be scarry. I'm glad to have found asylum :-)

D
[Reply]
poker 01:51 PM 10-16-2008
:-)
[Reply]
Tio Gato 01:53 PM 10-16-2008
In the old days when things weren't so politically correct the asylum was a name for the hospital were crazy people were kept. You can say that it is another nonPC name such as mental hospital, sanatorium, funny farm, loony bin, etc....

I think this is the perfect name for people like us who cuckoo over cigars.
[Reply]
poker 01:54 PM 10-16-2008
There is of course political asylum.
[Reply]
GrtndpwrflOZ 01:57 PM 10-16-2008
Asylum....I like it
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 02:45 PM 10-16-2008
This place pretty much rocks, thats all you need to know.
[Reply]
Bruzee 03:28 PM 10-16-2008
Kinda fits, we are all a little crazy. :-)
[Reply]
massphatness 03:50 PM 10-16-2008
I was never really scared in the jungle, but I WAS starting to go a little crazy. I needed to check into the asylum.

Kidding aside, I love the duality of the name -- it appeals to my fun side (looney bin) and carries a more weighty meaning (asylum as refuge). Props to whomever came up with it.
[Reply]
scroggers 04:09 PM 10-16-2008
Ok so are we political dissidents or just plain loonies????:-)
[Reply]
GKitty 04:39 PM 10-16-2008
Originally Posted by scroggers:
Ok so are we political dissidents or just plain loonies????:-)
Can I be a looney dissident?
[Reply]
Boomer 04:41 PM 10-16-2008
And as you can see, the inmates are, in fact, running the asylum.
[Reply]
Zipper 05:13 AM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by GKitty:
You're not already?
[Reply]
rsamos 05:40 AM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by GKitty:
I'm figuring you can if you give it the effort.
[Reply]
BlackIrish 08:53 AM 10-17-2008
Originally Posted by massphatness:
I was never really scared in the jungle, but I WAS starting to go a little crazy. I needed to check into the asylum.

Kidding aside, I love the duality of the name -- it appeals to my fun side (looney bin) and carries a more weighty meaning (asylum as refuge). Props to whomever came up with it.
:-)
[Reply]
Up