Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Sports>Jason Spezza Caught with Illegal Stick
gpugliese 02:26 PM 03-10-2009
Good memory.

Originally Posted by :
Ron Wilson knows Teemu Selanne quite well, having coached him in San Jose and Anaheim. He's also been around the NHL long enough to recognize an illegal stick when he sees one.

So the Sharks coach bided his time until the right opportunity presented itself to catch the Ducks' all-time leading goal scorer red-handed.

An illegal stick penalty on Selanne negated an Anaheim power-play at the start of overtime, and the Sharks went on to beat the Ducks 3-2 in a shootout on Wednesday night.

"I wasn't very happy about what happened," Selanne said. "Obviously, I didn't expect that call. Whether it was classy or not, it was Ron Wilson's decision. He's not my favorite coach anymore."

Selanne used poor ice surfaces as an excuse for altering his sticks.

[Reply]
Savvy 03:41 PM 03-10-2009
I used to go to Admiral games all the time growing up, back when there was still an IHL. I remember one case of stick measuring in my entire life of going to hockey games-and I've been to a lot- and it was agains the Admirals goalie Mark LaForest. They measured his stick, he got a minor penalty. They then measured his next stick, he got another penalty. And after his third stick measurement the coach just took him out of the game after that. Three illegal sticks in one game...that's pretty bad.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up