Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Sports>Pro V1 balls
karmaz00 12:21 PM 03-09-2009
well, being in the golf business, i know that the old prov1 is being sold due to some conflicts with callaway..as many are aware....well anyway, there selling here for 39.00 a dozen, almost half price for a great golf ball. have you been stocking up
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:25 PM 03-09-2009
I think I saw this in the latest issue of Golf. I'm not sure how much a golf ball can help me since I'm such a newb but I'll look it up ...thx :-)
[Reply]
Commander Quan 01:34 PM 03-09-2009
I get all my Pro V1s from my fiancee's dad after he plays one round with them.
[Reply]
tobii3 01:36 PM 03-09-2009
How well do they float?? I might be interested!
[Reply]
s15driftking 01:59 PM 03-09-2009
^^^ haahah

I get mine at a refurbed site
[Reply]
ade06 02:16 PM 03-09-2009
I find that the more expensive the ball is the faster they find water or O.B.
[Reply]
Moglman 02:27 PM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by karmaz00:
well, being in the golf business, i know that the old prov1 is being sold due to some conflicts with callaway..as many are aware....well anyway, there selling here for 39.00 a dozen, almost half price for a great golf ball. have you been stocking up
No matter which others I try, I always seem to go back to the Pro V1s. Just a great ball. Haven't stocked up on anything though, unfortunately.
[Reply]
Moglman 02:43 PM 03-09-2009
Has anyone tried the "converted" balls that Titleist provided in trade for the patent infringing ones at the end of last year?
[Reply]
BamBam 03:41 PM 03-09-2009
I get mine out of my front yard after the rich guys who use them have a bad slice but good golfballs. :-)
[Reply]
wshan 08:29 PM 03-25-2009
My ex's folks collect these. They have a house on a course and the idiots bomb their yards with these balls. They got a garbage can full of golf balls and over half are the prov1's.
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:36 PM 03-25-2009
I have yet to find a golf ball that will correct my horrible slice.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 08:39 PM 03-25-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
I feel your pain
[Reply]
SIMPLIFIED 08:43 PM 03-25-2009
Originally Posted by Commander Quan:
I get all my Pro V1s from my fiancee's dad after he plays one round with them.
I tip the crew at my course and get 5-6 the day after Dave(DaKlugs) plays and hits a small bucket from the first tee out of bounds into the range. Pro V1 only hit once :-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:55 PM 03-25-2009
Originally Posted by RX2010:
I feel your pain
And when I don't slice it I hook it.
[Reply]
cf2112 09:13 PM 03-25-2009
I love the old Pro V1 and was telling the Titleist Rep they could not improve on that ball. He kept up with the company line " they fly farther and straighter with more control" and I kept on how I couldn't beleive that so he gave me a dozen of the Pro V1 & ProV1x. At this point I like the x better as they spin less and they do seem to go straighter. I like to work the ball both right-left and left-right and find it harder to do with the new ones.

I'll try Srixon and a few others but as posted above I always seem to go back to Titleist.

Originally Posted by MedicCook:
Try keeping the right elbow tucked against your right side and forcing the ball of your left foot into the ground as you start your downswing. this will force your body around quicker and also put a little snap in your arms and wrist.

If you have what I like to call the "Chicken Wing" where your right elbow points away from your side, this will feel funny as hell. Try it though on a bucket of balls start with a 1/2-3/4 swing 7 iron, then a 5 iron, 3 wood then driver, 10-15 balls each. The next time you hit a bucket or if you want to 2 in a row do full swings. With any luck you'll be hooking the ball and cussing me:-)
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:16 PM 03-25-2009
My biggest problem is that I have been a baseball player my entire life. That is the type of swing I know and I can tell that it has screwed me up getting a good golf swing. The other problem is that I have not played in 3 years other than the driving range a couple times each year.
[Reply]
Up