Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>People never cease to amaze me
mrreindeer 10:22 AM 03-09-2009
Originally Posted by ChasDen:
listened to them spout on the whole time we were there how they cant wait for "this president and his congress" to make things right. They used phrases like" fixing the rich", "redistributing everyone's money" and the one that made me puke a little in my mouth "its everyone's right to have as much money as the rich". They argued with the $1500 bill claiming a $6 dollar item on it was suppose to be free
:-) wow...they really said that?

Originally Posted by dunng:
Send him a bill for your labor and parts... :-)
While I think you've done a very generous thing (and continue to do so with other neighbors), I kinda want to see what he'd do...but I know that's not really your style....and you should be commended for it, truly.

Originally Posted by rizzle:
it will come back at you somehow Carlos. Worst case scenario in self-satisfaction. Keep on keeping on bro.
:-)

Originally Posted by shilala:
I used to get tired by the same thing all the time, Carlos.
I'd get just as upset as you, too, if not moreso.
I just changed my angle. I do whatever I can whenever I can for anyone I can. I just do it because I can and don't want or expect anything in return. I consider it a gift.
That way, no matter what happens, I'm not going to get upset.
I'm rewarded every day by the help of others, and the Grace of God.
Turns out I'm WAY ahead of the game, and I need to give a lot more back.
So I just keep on trying. :-)
Great way to be, Scott. :-)
[Reply]
Blueface 01:19 PM 03-18-2009
Interesting update.

On Saturday, while washing my car in my driveway, I see my neighbor drive by on his way home.
While I continued to wash my car, through the corner of my eye, I watched him start to walk over to me.
I made believe I had no clue and waited until he approached me.
Turns out he had some more questions.
He was able to prime the pump with my instructions but seems the valve system was now locked up from not using it for so long.
While talking, I mentioned jokingly that I would provide guidance but he would have to pay for parts and reminded him about the money from the parts I bought for changing out the pump.
He said he thought he had paid me.
I said no, he hadn't.
I reminded him I offered to take care of it and he could reimburse me when I returned.
He said he would take care of it right away and intended to take care of me also for my help/labor.
I said don't worry about my help/labor. I did that as a neighborly gesture and would do it for anyone and not looking to be paid. Just reimburse me for the parts.

Well.................................that was Saturday, today is Wednesday and still waiting.:-):-):-)
Have to truly laugh.
[Reply]
landhoney 01:27 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Well.................................that was Saturday, today is Wednesday and still waiting.:-):-):-)
Have to truly laugh.
Forgot to tell you, I ran into this guy Monday and he gave me some cigars to give you as repayment. They're real nice, next time I see you I'll be sure to give them to you. :-)
[Reply]
rizzle 01:30 PM 03-18-2009
Alright. So I first said it would come back around to you.

Now, I'm saying throw a flaming bag of dog poo on his doorstep.
[Reply]
Blueface 01:38 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by rizzle:
Alright. So I first said it would come back around to you.

Now, I'm saying throw a flaming bag of dog poo on his doorstep.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Blueface 01:39 PM 03-18-2009
Originally Posted by landhoney:
Forgot to tell you, I ran into this guy Monday and he gave me some cigars to give you as repayment. They're real nice, next time I see you I'll be sure to give them to you. :-)
You better stay away Seth.:-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 04:32 PM 03-18-2009
what a piece of ****. id offer to break his knee caps if he didn't fork over the dough. You should put a nice little friendly reminder in his mail box
[Reply]
beamish 05:55 PM 03-18-2009
He sounds like a moron and a cheapskate,that was very kind of you...his bad:-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up